82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

You can't base a team/player on the possibility that we may playing against Vinicius.
If we are playing against a speedy forward, then Walker may be the choice but Lewis is the future.
I totally agree that he is the future. I like the way he's progressing, technically, tactically and even physically, and I think Pep is managing him perfectly. The aim of my post was to get some people to calm down, because if you're too keen to see him become a regular starter too quickly, you can easily kill a player's career.

Look at how Pep managed Foden and look at the player he has become. Let's not go too fast, he's got his whole future ahead of him.

I totally agree that he is the future. I like the way he's progressing, technically, tactically and even physically, and I think Pep is managing him perfectly. The aim of my post was to get some people to calm down, because if you're too keen to see him become a regular starter too quickly, you can easily kill a player's career.

Look at how Pep managed Foden and look at the player he has become. Let's not go too fast, he's got his whole future ahead of him.
Young players can get into bad habits when they’re played too much too early.

He's made enormous progress we agree, but in whose place would he be a starter?

If it's in midfield, is he betterr than Rodri, Kevin, Bernardo or Foden? Clearly not.

In defense, he may have a chance at RB, but we must calm down, Walker will be far more useful and effective than him when it comes to facing big wingers like Vinicius.
Right now he’s above foden for me in midfield. Foden needs a few sub matches to get up to speed & I would have him over walker everyday

I'm hoping Pep took him off with the next week in mind. Lewis and Gvardiol is our best full back pairing by a country mile at the moment.

He's not in any way bad on the left, but I would prefer to see him paired with Doku or Savinho. Think he and Grealish want to occupy the same space.

Feared it pre-game. He just doesn't work on the left. There's no reason why it shouldn't, what he does should be achievable on either flank but he just seems to get lost on the left and the space gets exploited. No reason why he can't work it out, he's got plenty of time to do so and it become a good option for us, just not there yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.