82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

Still believe this kid will be a star. Outstanding yesterday. I got pelters in here for suggesting he is better than Mainoo, but u genuinely believe he is miles better. Here’s hoping he proves me right..
He's Miles better than mainoo.
Mainoo is average at best but hyped up cos he's a rag.
Rico is the really deal

Takes the ball in any situation.
He's still only 19 .
At 19 I was pulling it's head off and getting pissed.
In-between trying to bang and girl that moved

He's Miles better than mainoo.
Mainoo is average at best but hyped up cos he's a rag.
Rico is the really deal

Takes the ball in any situation.
He's still only 19 .
At 19 I was pulling it's head off and getting pissed.
In-between trying to bang and girl that moved

I've always said he gets nowhere near the credit he deserves, when you consider his age and the fact he has played in different positions for us and not just in meaningless games.

18-19 years old and playing different positions in a Pep side is no joke. You don't do that without a brilliant footballing brain. It's outstanding really. You could probably count on one hand how many 18 year old players the world that Pep would trust to do the jobs he had Rico doing. He's just not a fancy or flashy player, so he's not gonna get the praise others get.

I've always said he gets nowhere near the credit he deserves, when you consider his age and the fact he has played in different positions for us and not just in meaningless games.

18-19 years old and playing different positions in a Pep side is no joke. You don't do that without a brilliant footballing brain. It's outstanding really. You could probably count on one hand how many 18 year old players the world that Pep would trust to do the jobs he had Rico doing. He's just not a fancy or flashy player, so he's not gonna get the praise others get.

I thought he was absolutely superb against the rags. He's got a really hard job to do because ahead of him is one of the PL's best ever RB's. Someone who has so much pace they can get away with being in a bad position or not being tight enough. That's something the majority can't afford to do. Rico's positioning hasn't always been great, but it's a hard role to play - particularly when you're largely inverted and having to then switch positions. His ability on the ball is absolutely brilliant. He's so calm and composed. The rags pressed really well at times, but he was so comfortable in playing it to Akanji or Ederson, and despite looking boxed in was finding an outball into feet down the line at times too. And then he's got the energy to get up and support attacks to create that extra man. Our goal came from him pushing up and forming a triangle with Savio and Bobb. I'm really excited to see how he progresses this season, it could be a really big one for him. I didn't think Walker was very good last season, and he didn't seem to improve for England either.

Turns 20 in November. I think this is the season when he needs to find his actual position and develop speed/strength if he ever wants to start for us, either at RB or in midfield. Let's see what he does this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.