82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

The position Pep has him playing in requires elite physical and technical skills to pull off, to both get back and defender with pace like Walker, but also be an attacking midfielder in the right half space.

Its definitely up for exploiting since Lewis will never be able to do it, he is a midfielder, not a right back of this mold.

I much prefer Akanji as the RB, we leak goals too easily, while having Stones do what he did 2 years ago.

I really feel like I watch completely different matches to other blues at times.

I thought Lewis was one of our better players today and certainly one of the most reliable and trustworthy.

And Pep has always valued those attributes above almost all else.

Some in here seem to think they know better than Pep. Which, fair enough, I guess. But don’t be surprised if you get a bit of stick later when he makes you look completely daft, as he has for countless other naysayers.

I really feel like I watch completely different matches to other blues at times.

I thought Lewis was one of our better players today and certainly one of the most reliable and trustworthy.

And Pep has always valued those attributes above almost all else.

Some in here seem to think they know better than Pep. Which, fair enough, I guess. But don’t be surprised if you get a bit of stick later when he makes you look completely daft, as he has for countless other naysayers.
It's baffling. He played really well. We've watched Walker get beat at the back post for two years now while bringing nothing that Rico brings in/around the box and in our build-up from the back, but some fans are just ready to pile on and nitpick every poor thing he does.

He’s not elite level in either box, and we need elite level.
What he is, is hardworking, industrious, energetic and capable of playing safe and semi-safe passes around the rest of the pitch. In a team lacking energy elsewhere that’s a benefit. He would be a huge asset to any mid or lower level PL team, and in time I think that is where he will end up, and good luck to him.

It's baffling. He played really well. We've watched Walker get beat at the back post for two years now while bringing nothing that Rico brings in/around the box and in our build-up from the back, but some fans are just ready to pile on and nitpick every poor thing he does.
He doesn't seem to be very popular on here for some reason which I find odd for one of our own and so young. Lots of posters are critical of him though so maybe they're right, we're wrong and so is Pep.

He’s not elite level in either box, and we need elite level.
What he is, is hardworking, industrious, energetic and capable of playing safe and semi-safe passes around the rest of the pitch. In a team lacking energy elsewhere that’s a benefit. He would be a huge asset to any mid or lower level PL team, and in time I think that is where he will end up, and good luck to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.