82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

He's 19. He's a good defender, he's 19, has composure outside the box, he's 19, and can certainly play a pass, he's 19, and has a tremendous work rate and he's 19.
Reads like a Jude Bellingham post that.
Ok, so he’s elite at being 19.

I did pay him compliments in my post. I think he’s a decent player. But he’s not good enough for our best XI.

Reads like a Jude Bellingham post that.
Ok, so he’s elite at being 19.

I did pay him compliments in my post. I think he’s a decent player. But he’s not good enough for our best XI.
Yeah I thought the Bellingham thing as well.

I think he might be our best right back this season. Walker has looked shaky...and as my other posts will prove I'm a big defender of Walker.

I think he's quality. I'll see you in 3 years and one of us can be smug!

He’s not elite level in either box, and we need elite level.
What he is, is hardworking, industrious, energetic and capable of playing safe and semi-safe passes around the rest of the pitch. In a team lacking energy elsewhere that’s a benefit. He would be a huge asset to any mid or lower level PL team, and in time I think that is where he will end up, and good luck to him.
How much do you think a 19 year-old elite level player that can cover RB/CDM/CM/RM/RW/AM (in one game) would cost in today’s market?

What about a 21 year-old?

How much would Kimmich in his prime cost right now?

If you think he's better than described knock yourself out, I'm only going off performance. I actually said he's good so fuck knows what you're watching to rate him higher than that at this stage
I guess we are seeing different things which is perfectly fine. Be boring if we all thought the same.

We all know what he can offer but he's got to seriously sharpen up his defensive game. No excuse for their goal, that's just piss poor defending, has to be busting a gut to get back in line with the defensive unit, he had plenty of time to do so.

That's not the major problem though, it's his complete disregard for shape at all times. He needs to quickly learn it's only appropriate to go roaming into a number 10 role when he knows he's got defensive cover. Doing it every time, regardless of cover just leaves us wide ope. He's completely out of the game most of the time we don't have the ball. We've already been exploited by the gaps a couple of times this season and it's only going to continue. It's not strictly on him, the system isn't good enough but there's plenty of work that he can do.

I really feel like I watch completely different matches to other blues at times.

I thought Lewis was one of our better players today and certainly one of the most reliable and trustworthy.

And Pep has always valued those attributes above almost all else.

Some in here seem to think they know better than Pep. Which, fair enough, I guess. But don’t be surprised if you get a bit of stick later when he makes you look completely daft, as he has for countless other naysayers.
He has a tendency to turn off momentarily at key moments when defending.

That needs to be eradicated if he is to succeed as one of the 5 defenders.

We all know what he can offer but he's got to seriously sharpen up his defensive game. No excuse for their goal, that's just piss poor defending, has to be busting a gut to get back in line with the defensive unit, he had plenty of time to do so.

That's not the major problem though, it's his complete disregard for shape at all times. He needs to quickly learn it's only appropriate to go roaming into a number 10 role when he knows he's got defensive cover. Doing it every time, regardless of cover just leaves us wide ope. He's completely out of the game most of the time we don't have the ball. We've already been exploited by the gaps a couple of times this season and it's only going to continue. It's not strictly on him, the system isn't good enough but there's plenty of work that he can do.
would love to know how the role itself is coached, on a purely tactic nerd basis tbh. What him and those in the system are told, maybe one day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.