82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

Guardiola "fancies" Lewis as a UTILITY player. He loves players that can fit more than one mold. Akanji to RB or MF. Stones to RB or MF. Ake LB and MF. Gundogan anywhere across the middle forward and back. When he was here (and we/ I miss him) Alvarez AM and striker.

We all know this.

Lewis is not a suited RB, but he'll do... until he fucks up on a more regular basis, like last year, when he left us vulnerable on counter attacks.

As For MacAtee and Nunes, the ball's in their court.
I think he’s the best we have as a right back currently, possibly barring Akanji. Stones can do a job, but is too injury prone, sadly. I think all of our defenders leave us vulnerable on counter attacks. But this is also a symptom of how we play really.

I think Nunes will be gone as a makeweight in a deal as soon as we can move him on. MacAtee will also be sold at the end of the season unless the unthinkable happens.

Back to Rico though, I think he’s good enough to warrant a place in this team. If that’s as a utility player then so be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.