87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

Must be a great boost of confidence knowing the club turned down a lot of interest this window. If James can make around 10 starts this year he'll see it as progress & should be happy. I think with all the fixtures we could play that's achievable. He has the talent and I like that he looks a bit feisty too.

Must be a great boost of confidence knowing the club turned down a lot of interest this window. If James can make around 10 starts this year he'll see it as progress & should be happy. I think with all the fixtures we could play that's achievable. He has the talent and I like that he looks a bit feisty too.
I think he'll get more game time than many expect. Technically he was better than Palmer. Not sure he has the same belief, but Pep is more than capable of instilling that. I think he will get the chances, but if he doesn't take them.....We will take 30m next summer.

He's not good enough and the desperation for him to be good enough is weird. Unless he's your son. In which case fair enough. And anyone who thinks he was better than Palmer is a mental.

also not sure he will make it here even as a squad player, and before Gundo came back it made more sense to keep him around, but on the other side much better to give him game time than sign an expensive Nunes, Phillips again.

we will se how much game time that is McAtee will get, Echeverri also a factor from January, as a sub we will se McAtee mre often as a starter that will not happen much unless good few injuries. expect his next start being the Watford game and maybe one of Slovan, Sparta in CL. for PL, not sure we would bench others to start him is a number 8 or on the wing. as an 8 Foden, KDB, Gundo, Bernardo and possibly Nunes + Rico are ahead of him. Pep will also not subbing any younger in unless we are 2-3 goals up. Gundo will eat up a lot of minutes, despite his age he played lots of games at Barca, featuring 36 league games of 38 and 10 CL games think he has the fire in him still to play a lot here too and he wont be too happy with a heavy rotational role.

Kalvin Philips says hi. So does Ben Mendy. So does Cancelo. Bravo...Lets not pretend these guys are flawless.
That’s four out of how many?

Bravo was an emergency, as Pep had to act quickly to replace Hart, who clearly wasn’t fit for purpose.

Mendy was brilliant until his knee injury. And that’s not just my opinion; the general consensus on Bluemoon was that we had a beast of a full-back.

Cancelo was a brilliant player for us. He was equally adapt at either full-back rôle. His only fault was getting too big for his boots, expecting more minutes than Pep was prepared to give him.

That’s four out of how many?

Bravo was an emergency, as Pep had to act quickly to replace Hart, who clearly wasn’t fit for purpose.

Mendy was brilliant until his knee injury. And that’s not just my opinion; the general consensus on Bluemoon was that we had a beast of a full-back.

Cancelo was a brilliant player for us. He was equally adapt at either full-back rôle. His only fault was getting too big for his boots, expecting more minutes than Pep was prepared to give him.
"Cancelo was a brilliant player for us"

He has one brilliant season but that apart was incredibly inconsistent.

He's not good enough and the desperation for him to be good enough is weird.

I believe City supporters wanting a City academy player to succeed is entirely what Kafka based his early works on.

What's the next stop on this rollercoaster ride through this dadaist hellscape? Humourous chants in praise of our players? The communal celebration of a goal scored? A trophy parade?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.