87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

Well yes but that isn't really his problem, its another season of his career down the pan which isn't good. He also hasn't signed a new contract yet.

There are opportunities, yes. I just don't really see Pep giving them to him, despite what he says.

His default subs are always going to be several players ahead of James. It’s just the unfortunate reality, in my opinion of course.
He’s already played 75 games at age 21 with quite a few in the PL. So it’s not like he’s had no games at all, Think it’s worth it for him to stay a couple of years, learn from the best and see what transpires and move on if he needs still aged under 24

Really pleased that he's staying, and delighted for him if reports of a new deal are true. Hopefully with the additional games this season he'll get opportunities.

Really pleased that he's staying, and delighted for him if reports of a new deal are true. Hopefully with the additional games this season he'll get opportunities.
Completely agree, there is no doubt he is a talented player, he just needs the games. Pep's recent comments shows he believes in the player and a new contract will be warranted.

Love James as a player. Like Pep keeps alluding to, between the lines Mcatee is great at finding space and then has a lovely touch. While his finishing is one of his better qualities. So all this shouts out to me about a false 9 role.

I think he will get minutes as false 9 in the cups when Haaland is rested and probably will thrive.

Glad we turned down.

Do think Palmers an unbelievable advert for the Academy and no wonder other clubs are trying their luck.

Hopefully he signs a new contract in a couple of seasons, Foden, Rico, McAtee and Bobb could all be first team players

I'm so glad we're in a position whereby we can afford to keep our youngsters, unlike a lot of other clubs - and unlike us when we had to part ways with SWP all those years ago.

I love this squad currently. Don't get me wrong. But seeing local academy players (and Bobb!) embedded into it would take it to another level!

I'm so glad we're in a position whereby we can afford to keep our youngsters, unlike a lot of other clubs - and unlike us when we had to part ways with SWP all those years ago.

I love this squad currently. Don't get me wrong. But seeing local academy players (and Bobb!) embedded into it would take it to another level!

Fully agree.

One of the I assume unintended consequences of FFP is the benefit of selling club trained players.

Hence Chelsea awful treatment of Connor Gallagher.

Obviously it remains a choice but selling a player with no cost means you receive full book value and as such really helps balancing.

Crazy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.