87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

Palmer developed into a great talent being around the squad so for his own personal development the process worked
Yep, James did his time around the squad training with not much time and took a loan. Surprised he's going it again, speaks to him wanting to make it here though which hopefully bodes well.

Palmer clearly got tired of 'your chance, next time promise; and took a move.

You will forgive me if I wont hold McAtee to some sound bites from a club organised interview. What do you expect him to say?

I dont expect him to go, just saying it would hardly be a shock if he did. Hes been on loan every season hes been able to ffs.

What has Nunes got to do with anything?

Someone not named Gundogan, yeah. Gundogan immediately has the respect and trust of Pep, elevating his immediate game time 10x over.

Yeah fair points..

Think with the amount of games Macteer will get as many minutes as Lewis last season

Yep, James did his time around the squad training with not much time and took a loan. Surprised he's going it again, speaks to him wanting to make it here though which hopefully bodes well.

Palmer clearly got tired of 'your chance, next time promise; and took a move.

Surely it's also very different this time for McAtee.

He was 18 when he made his debut, and was training with the main squad for a season, but I doubt it was expected he'd play much, if at all.

This time round, it's very different. He'll be expecting to start some easier games, and be a regular sub, and even with the changes to the squad I think there will be time.

Obviously he might have a total breakthrough, and force his way into being a regular starter, but even as a squad player he's going to get time on the pitch, and he's going to have a chance to win medals. Last year at Sheffield United, he played 1945 minutes according to tranfermarkt, and that was being involved in most games, and it was always going to be a grind.

This year City will be playing 5500-6500 minutes of football, so he could easily match his Sheff U playing time, and he'll be playing for a team that wins games, and will hopefully end up with a medal or two.

With the Club World Cup at the end of the season, we're looking at potentially 70+ games.

So long as he doesn't expect to start the big matches, and we don't have a total meltdown in the cup competitions, it won't be too difficult for him to spend more time on the pitch than he did last season.
70+ if we go all the way. Thats all well and good but if we are knocked out of the cups in the first round then thats hundreds of minutes down the pan as you acknowledge.

I dont think he does leave, just saying it wont be a surprise.

70+ if we go all the way. Thats all well and good but if we are knocked out of the cups in the first round then thats hundreds of minutes down the pan as you acknowledge.

I dont think he does leave, just saying it wont be a surprise.

If we get knocked out of both domestic cups in the first tie, and then don't make it out of the group in the CL and the Club World Cup, then I think we've got more to worry about than James McAtee :)

I do think there'll be opportunities. The minimum we'll play is 52. The worst season under Pep (his 1st), we had 9 knock out games. Since then we've averaged 15 in the three regular competitions, and that's without the Club World Cup. Even if we have a slightly below par season in the cups, we're likely to be well into the 60s.

If we get knocked out of both domestic cups in the first tie, and then don't make it out of the group in the CL and the Club World Cup, then I think we've got more to worry about than James McAtee :)

I do think there'll be opportunities. The minimum we'll play is 52. The worst season under Pep (his 1st), we had 9 knock out games. Since then we've averaged 15 in the three regular competitions, and that's without the Club World Cup. Even if we have a slightly below par season in the cups, we're likely to be well into the 60s.
Well yes but that isn't really his problem, its another season of his career down the pan which isn't good. He also hasn't signed a new contract yet.

There are opportunities, yes. I just don't really see Pep giving them to him, despite what he says.

His default subs are always going to be several players ahead of James. Its just the unfortunate reality, in my opinion of course.

was watching some video on the club site, behind the scenes for the Chelsea trip, there was JM in the lunch hall with the other players being pampered in a nice hotel, wondered if he's thinking that maybe this quality of life over Sheff U might be worth biding his time for a few seasons chancing for a regular role

was watching some video on the club site, behind the scenes for the Chelsea trip, there was JM in the lunch hall with the other players being pampered in a nice hotel, wondered if he's thinking that maybe this quality of life over Sheff U might be worth biding his time for a few seasons chancing for a regular role
After the players returned from America, James - along with Nico - received a ringing endorsement from Pep.

Why would he consider moving away?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.