87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

That was a really impressive performance tonight and if his touch hadn't let him down on a few occasions he could have had a goal to cap a great game

He has an arrogance about him which I like so much.

Top quality, love to see him get a run in the PL.

If Nunes put in that performance, the thread would be busy for the wrong reasons.

I mean, some people are too harsh on Nunes.

McAtee played well.

He'll get chances here and there, mostly in cups, and cameos. But he won't displace senior players and start in PL/CL games in the next 2-3 months, unless we suffer more injuries. This might change over the course of the season, though. Pep will try to be fair to him.

Whilst there wasn't a lot in terms of eye catching passing or play, he was taking up excellent positions, keeping the ball well and controlling the tempo whilst putting a real shift in. A solid performance.
To be fair he had two very eye catching passes, which really should have resulted in a goal.

Played well but both he and Nunes are just that fraction off the pace needed for the starting eleven at weekends. That’s not criticism, just an inevitable consequence of not having played. Lewis has the game time under his belt and already looks the part, and I still think McAtee and Nunes have the ability to get there, but we need to get into positions in games where we can use them off the bench.

Hopefully he’ll get some gametime next week in the CL. If Celtic can put 5 past Bratislava then they must be terrible!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.