87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

All he needs is game time.
Consistent game time and not just in the CL. I’m not sure that we can continue the policy of waiting until we have a three-goal cushion before introducing McAtee and Nunes earlier in games. If we do, then the senior players will again be exhausted in April/May when Real Madrid appear over the horizon.

I really like the way he plays. Aesthetically pleasing on the ball, works hard and has a good sense of positioning. Impossible to not see David Silva at times.

Some good stuff last night and some not so good in terms of a couple of loose passes and touches but happy to put that down to rustiness.

I feel like he's going to have a breakout game where it all clicks and he makes everyone realise how talented he is.

I really like the way he plays. Aesthetically pleasing on the ball, works hard and has a good sense of positioning. Impossible to not see David Silva at times.

Some good stuff last night and some not so good in terms of a couple of loose passes and touches but happy to put that down to rustiness.

I feel like he's going to have a breakout game where it all clicks and he makes everyone realise how talented he is.

The weight of pass is like David Silva, makes it perfect for the playing receiving it like the first goal yesterday.

He's got ridiculously quick feet, so many times yesterday he'd get closed down by multiple players or run into traffic and I was sure he'd lose the ball, but he ends up somehow squeezing a perfect pass out of the congestion.

I've never quite seen it with James, but now I think I do. He seems to have strengthened (unsurprisingly I guess, maybe it's just down to him getting older). I got him and Phil mixed up a couple of times during the match, which isnt a bad thing.

Didn't do anything spectacular, but he doesn't need to to be a good player for us. Picking the right option isn't spectacular, but it's what we need. Hope he gets more chances, even if it's last 20 mins quite regularly this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.