87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

Do we reckon he's staying?

I really like his game, but I can't see when he'll play. At times last season, Kovacic and Nunes both struggled to get minutes, and that was with KDB and Haaland missing half of the season.

There’s definitely minutes available - there are more Champions League games this season, the possibility of going further in the League Cup and there is also the Club World Cup at the end of the season. Alvarez looks likely to leave (3400 mins last season) and Foden probably needs his minutes reduced a bit too (well over 4000 last season).

I think the Sheffield United loan last season set him back really don’t know what the thinking was sending him back there knowing how much they’d struggle

I think the Sheffield United loan last season set him back really don’t know what the thinking was sending him back there knowing how much they’d struggle
You can learn a lot from a struggle. It may have given him some extra grit and a positive approach to set-backs. And he might have felt he owed them a season in the Prem.

Just seen Pep say that both McAtee and O'Reilly will be first team options this season. I'm really glad.

True it was really late on in the window I suppose so maybe he panicked
He just wanted the comfort of a team he had already performed in, knew the club and so on. Not a bad thing and thankfully he seemingly isn't too scarred. Plenty of time to make it up now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.