9/11 where were you?

I was just finishing my conversion training for the new ATC cemtre that was opening a couple of months later. Having successfully completed our exercise, my colleague and i spent an hour on the radar simulator turning aircraft towards each other and effectively crashing them into each other-the very opposite of what our job was all about. It's actually quite difficult to get radar blips doing 500mph to get to merge into each other. 2 hours later AA11 was flown into the north tower.

Last edited:
It did affect him badly at the time but he is a strong character. I think when something shocking happens it does stick with you a bit. I was probably 300-400 yards away from the Manchester bomb explosion and that was a hideous experience.
I can only imagine, that was a horrible night, I remember was going to Brighton the day after for work, got in my car and switched the radio on, didn't have a clue about the bomb at the time, when i heard it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

I can only imagine, that was a horrible night, I remember was going to Brighton the day after for work, got in my car and switched the radio on, didn't have a clue about the bomb at the time, when i heard it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up
The worst bit was being told to evacuate down Market Street and told to walk in the middle of the road. Glass was falling from the higher floors of buildings and you could hear it smashing all around you. It was really scary at the time as there were rumours of more car bonbs and so walking past cars en route out of the city was quite unnerving as everyone was shocked and stunned and didn’t really know what to do. I walked from
The Santander branch in Piccadilly Gardebs where I worked to Regent Road and then further to end up near the Inn of Good hope pub opposite the hospital. My missus at the time picked me up and that afternoon we went to a party to watch Gazza tear the jocks a strip in Euro 96. I was shaken all night though to be honest.

I was fully prepped just waiting for the sedation injection for a colonoscopy at Rossendale General Hospital (The old one). All the staff and doctors left me in the room and came back after about 20 minutes. Later my missus said they were all in the day room watching it all unfold on the TV, I never saw any of it until I got home the next day. YCMIU
sounds like a pain in the arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.