9/11 where were you?

Just flew a 9/10 flight from Chicago to New Delhi. Arrived in India at around 9pm on 9/11. Never feels good to be flying on 9/11, but if you have to, flying a loooong way to the east makes it about as short as it can get!

I was at Paramedic training school.Iirc we had just had lunch,and was returning for our afternoon studies,when the TV was switched on and then of course our attention was focused on the unbelievable and surreal events happening before us....many of us thinking how easily it could be one of us contending with such events.

It matters not how many times the footage of the incident is watched,it never quite sinks in that it was possible,and that fellow humans were capable of such monstrosity.

I was working in a Government Building at the time. We had a TV in the rest room and suddenly it was rammed with staff.

I visited the 9/11 memorial around three years ago and it was an unforgettable experience. To read all those names,seeing how relatively small the footprint of the two buildings and how built up the area is was mind blowing.

Attachments

• 0C87D304-0544-4A0F-AFD6-E19960EC0023.jpeg
    0C87D304-0544-4A0F-AFD6-E19960EC0023.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 11
Anyone who was lucky enough to go up the towers before the atrocity will appreciate just how high they were. I was one and can’t imagine the overwhelming distress and fear of being marooned knowing rescue was impossible. Hats off to all those brave souls and to those in the world who stop to remember the dead and their families and friends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.