9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who helped Modrić at the World Cup?

Kovacić, Rakitić, Brozović, Mandzukić, Perisić, Livaković, Gvardiol and Kramarić are just a bunch of bums I guess?

You have to take you're national team to the next level to be world class?

So Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Cantona, Andy Cole, Roy Keane, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Best, di Stefano... none of them are world class. This guy is a grade A moron.
Only talkshite could entertain this loonpot.

Haaland is only 6 league goals short of Aguero’s best ever goal return in his time at City. Just 6. After playing 14 games.
He'd have surpassed it by now had he been as clinical as Sergio was. He should have had four tonight, but his minutes per goal has come down. Must be about a goal every 50 mins at the moment. The next best, I think, is 'Arry 'Otspur who takes twice as long.

I think he's just delaying it until after New Year's, out of respect for all the previous record holders.

It would have been embarrassing if he had unleashed it all, and held all the records before Christmas.

He'd have surpassed it by now had he been as clinical as Sergio was. He should have had four tonight, but his minutes per goal has come down. Must be about a goal every 50 mins at the moment. The next best, I think, is 'Arry 'Otspur who takes twice as long.
You're looking at Sergio through some very rose tinted glasses if you think he was any more clinical than Erling. He missed plenty, as do all strikers.

Someday he will have one of those games where everything comes off and someone is going to get absolutely battered. He could have had 5 tonight, away at a highly motivated, competitive and well-supported Leeds.

I predict that later in the season some struggling team is going to come to the Etihad, missing their first choice centre-backs, tired and devoid of confidence and have an absolute nightmare where everything Haaland touches goes in.

Wonder what the odds are on him breaking the individual scoring record of 5 goals in a single game?

Aguero’s biggest tally in the premier league was 26

Usually it was between around 16-24 a season

Haaland is pretty much there after 14 games.

The numbers don’t lie.

Wonder what the odds are on him breaking the individual scoring record of 5 goals in a single game?
That made me look up this article, which ended in a funny way.
Football did indeed take place before the Premier League was created and a number of large goal hauls were recorded in the 1930s.

Joe Payne netted a ludicrous ten goals in Luton Town's 12-0 victory over Bristol Rovers back in April 1935. You'd say the quality is worse for one player to be able to net every nine minutes on average, but it doesn't seem too far away from the statistics Manchester City's Erling Haaland is putting up.

Blimey posters comparing Kun with Erling. Too early no comparison as yet. What I will say Erling is very young and he has huge boots to fill. Time will tell

It feels like every game he's scoring two goals, and every game we're disappointed it wasn't five.

It does say a lot, though. Just unearthly.

Yeah, he’s meant to be “rusty” but still has 3 goals in the past 2 games, tonight and liverpool.

People just need to be realistic and accept that all top strikers miss chances, otherwise they would be on about 200 goals a season. And we have to accept the brilliance that we have a striker that might not necessarily play well some games but still comes away with a goal or two. It’s top-flight football though, you just don’t bang in 3 goals every game like some Sunday league game.

We should also be realistic and realise there’s probably a point in the season where he might not score for a couple of games because that’s football, but his numbers are outrageous anyway.

Over his career, he’s pretty much averaged a goal a game near enough. He is exceeding that now, but there’s a chance that might even out by the end of the season and if so then, that’s still unbelievable at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.