9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can show me where I said I disliked (your word) Haaland, I'd be grateful.
You value him as not the best footballer in the world - and by your sarcastic post - you imply that it's not close.

You said, "Behave. He's not even the best footballer at City." I've made it clear that I couldn't disagree more.

Great player, obviously, but also what a great bloke. Always got a smile on his face, every game properly applauds the fans after the final whistle and the last off the pitch (just mentioning as several thousand won’t see this every week)

That’s cause he’s a blue mate,all top lads and lasses…….well in the main :)

You value him as not the best footballer in the world - and by your sarcastic post - you imply that it's not close.

You said, "Behave. He's not even the best footballer at City." I've made it clear that I couldn't disagree more.
I'll ask you again; where did I say I disliked him? And I stand by my opinion, he's not the best footballer at City. Best striker? Undoubtedly. But not the best" footballer". And my post wasn't sarcastic, by the way. You need to be careful about making false accusations.

I'll ask you again; where did I say I disliked him? And I stand by my opinion, he's not the best footballer at City. Best striker? Undoubtedly. But not the best" footballer". And my post wasn't sarcastic, by the way. You need to be careful about making false accusations.
You're going round and round in circles.

IMO Haaland is the best footballer in world football - bar none.

You think otherwise.

It's subjective. And you continue to argue my opinion as if it's a matter of objective fact.

Yet you insist on winning this subjective argument - whatever. Look, you value other footballing traits and have a different perspective - OK. I get it. I however disagree, absolutely.

You think otherwise.

It's subjective. And you continue to argue my opinion as if it's a matter of objective fact.

Yet you insist on winning this subjective argument - whatever. Look, you value other footballing traits and have a different perspective - OK. I get it. I however disagree, absolutely.
What do you class as a footballer? Someone who knows how to position themselves and has the ability to score lots and lots of goals or someone who is a master of the ball?

Haaland is the best striker in the world. Not the best footballer.

You think otherwise.

My last post on the matter (I promise); do you honestly think that Haaland is a better footballer than De Bruyne?

None of them paid off, but I felt like we were more proactive with finding Haaland. Gundogan and De Bruyne tried to slip him in a number of times.

What do you class as a footballer? Someone who knows how to position themselves and has the ability to score lots and lots of goals or someone who is a master of the ball?

Haaland is the best striker in the world. Not the best footballer.
If he were simply the best striker I'd agree.

But there comes a point - where said best striker scores so many goals that this singular ability swamps everything else - and Haaland is a freak goal scorer - and his scoring ability, swamps his technical short-comings, IMO.

I suppose it boils down to what you call "best" - for me, "best" means the player most likely to mean your side wins.

And for me - by that definition - Haaland is best.

If by best - you mean most technical - or best dribbler or whatever - then Haaland isn't close. He's average at best technically. But the guy scores goals at a far greater rate than anyone else in football - so much so that this swamps his technical short comings.
===
Here's my take on "best" footballer.

The best footballer most enhances his side of winning the game. Period.

This encompasses goals scored, goals assisted, team chemistry, to a much lesser extent defense and so on. It's all about winning as a team.

For me - Haaland is the best and I'd trade him for no other.

If you think - by this criterion - who most enhances a team's ability to win - then I'm interested in your opinion.

Haaland IS the best striker in the world and deserves the best song, for that mantle, a more creative song - Haaland Haaland? ffs, what is that? We can do better than that!...Can we get the 80’s 90’s crews on it, the old men from then, so to speak...the kids in SS1 aint up to it - thats for sure!

Last edited:
If he were simply the best striker I'd agree.

But there comes a point - where said best striker scores so many goals that this singular ability swamps everything else - and Haaland is a freak goal scorer - and his scoring ability, swamps his technical short-comings, IMO.

I suppose it boils down to what you call "best" - for me, "best" means the player most likely to mean your side wins.

And for me - by that definition - Haaland is best.

If by best - you mean most technical - or best dribbler or whatever - then Haaland isn't close. He's average at best technically. But the guy scores goals at a far greater rate than anyone else in football - so much so that this swamps his technical short comings.
===
Here's my take on "best" footballer.

The best footballer most enhances his side of winning the game. Period.

This encompasses goals scored, goals assisted, team chemistry, to a much lesser extent defense and so on. It's all about winning as a team.

For me - Haaland is the best and I'd trade him for no other.

If you think - by this criterion - who most enhances a team's ability to win - then I'm interested in your opinion.
I get what you're saying but by that criterion, De Bruyne is our best footballer. You could argue Courtois was the best footballer last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.