9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved his willingness to drop deep. His link up play is something I expect him to improve on as time goes by but it's the speed at which he gets from those deep positions to then getting alongside the last line of defence which I find astonishing.

It's almost like he's in two places at once. He was desperate to get on the end of moves that he helped start and he eats up that ground in a way other players simply can't.

A brace on his debut, can’t ask for much more than that.

He made loads of good runs but not always found with the pass, or even at times the pass wasn’t even attempted. Our lads need to play with their heads up more because Haaland is going to make those runs time-and-time again.

Fjortoft was interviewed after the game yesterday, and said that his biggest strength may not even be his finishing, “it’s his runs, and he’s never offside” he said.

Crazy to think that the West Ham defence really didn't do anything too bad yesterday, Haaland was simply too good. That second goal, how would a team defend against that? Great weight on the through ball, the striker is gone before they even know that he was there. Unless a team has a flawless offside trap? Which would obviously be difficult to pull off.

I know it's obvious given how good he is but that second goal, he made it look so easy. Lined up the shot, opened his body up and slotted it home. He only needed one touch, can you imagine if that was Sterling on the end of that ball?
Why are you raz bashing and he is not a striker , thor is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.