9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brace on his debut, can’t ask for much more than that.

He made loads of good runs but not always found with the pass, or even at times the pass wasn’t even attempted. Our lads need to play with their heads up more because Haaland is going to make those runs time-and-time again.

Fjortoft was interviewed after the game yesterday, and said that his biggest strength may not even be his finishing, “it’s his runs, and he’s never offside” he said.
I saw him say that and the "never offside" bit struck me. It must be a frightening prospect for even the best defenders in this league

Two chances two goals. Game changer that’s why we’ve got him. Last season Sterling and Jesus miss those chances and we come away moaning about throwing away points
He had a couple of headed chances too,that he missed.

But yes,he is a gamechanger.

That pass from Gundo looked way too heavy - I still can't believe that Haaland got to that, and made an excellent move around the goalie.

Too, against Bayern in preseason, Haaland somehow got to a cross that seemed way too far ahead - and scored.

And that's Haaland - a freakish combination of size, pace and a knack for scoring goals.

Baring injury, Haaland is going to set all sorts of goal scoring records.

With luck, Pep will be motivated by the prospect of organizing a side around Haaland to remain our manager for years to come. I foresee a decade of dominance ahead if both Haaland and Pep remain.

What really stands out with Haaland is that he doesn't have a glaring weakness. He can and will improve in terms of his hold up and passing play - that will come from time under Pep and playing with the squad. But he's already stronger than any defender, quicker than anyone else and his movement and finishing is, like you say, elite. He can keep improving and whilst he's a beast in the air he can get better at heading. He could have gone with his head with that Bernardo cross against Liverpool for example.

I'm in awe of his second goal. Not just the run, but to not take a touch. The keeper expects a touch and to then be able to engage or narrow the angle, but it never comes. He just runs into a position to get it on his stronger foot and then half the goal is gaping for him to slide it in.

Awe is the word indeed, it was a spectacular goal, i think more than Haaland not taking the touch, GK was caught by surprise with the acceleration and midway into coming of the line he realised he stood no chance and Haaland's pace and movement put him in a position where he didn't needed a touch and that's when you realise what an elite level of player actually looks like because top players like salah or mahrez would have needed the touch to get into position that he didn't. i hope it all makes sense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.