9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as he keeps getting into the right positions which he has been doing all season another purple patch is just around the corner.

All round play was great today, created something practically everytime we went through him. I want to see us mix it up and do it more. Should have had a few more but I'll settle for 2. Want to see us use him in the derby as he can ruin slabhead if we do.

There is an inevitability about Pep influencing Haaland to overthink what he does. Haaland's unique attribute is doing the basics of striker play extremely well.

He is also clearly in a striker's drought, yet he is still scoring goals.

He is young and still an enigma. The next 3 years will be extremely important in his career as he starts to work out for himself what his identity is.

He was class, missed chances, scored two and his overall play was ver good. Think we’ve found a hidden gem..

Erling Haaland has now entered the top-20 all time UCL goalscoring charts, at 23-years-old after 31 games in the competition.
Haha! We don’t know how lucky we are.
Well, we do, but obviously the nutjobs who live in their own world would disagree..

There is an inevitability about Pep influencing Haaland to overthink what he does. Haaland's unique attribute is doing the basics of striker play extremely well.

He is also clearly in a striker's drought, yet he is still scoring goals.

He is young and still an enigma. The next 3 years will be extremely important in his career as he starts to work out for himself what his identity is.
I wonder if a lot of people are just assuming this is the first time he's "struggled".

I had a look at his league stats, and in his two full seasons at Dortmund he scored in 14 and then 13 different matches - around half the matches he played. At City last season, he scored in 23 games.

Even taking into account the extra games, and lack of injuries, it's still a significant jump.

I think the 'goal a game' record throughout his career, and his exceptional season last year, has given the impression that he scores every time he plays, but clearly his recent record isn't actually that different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.