9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many goals as he scores for us, he has no goals in FA cup semi final, FA cup final, CL semi final, CL final, community shield (x2) and the super cup.

Certainly has scope to improve in the later stage cup matches/finals.

I think he has to step up if he wants to be the best player in the world. Both in final phases of cup competitions and when KDB is not in the team.

If he doesn't he would still have a Gerd Muller type of career (so a top 20-30 all time great), but it would feel he didn't reach his maximum potential.

It always makes me chuckle how little traffic his threads get when he plays like crap compared to others. Yes, I'm aware he scored a shit ton of goals for us last year, but in games like this where there are 11 players behind the ball, he becomes almost useless. He shouldn't be on some pedestal immune from criticism as he seems to be. He needs to improve same as Phil, Jack, etc.

Last edited:
It always makes me chuckle how little traffic his threads get when he plays like crap compared to others.
Haaland has a lot of credit in the bank though but yeah people have their favorites that they don’t like criticizing and when you say something about them it is like you are attacking the player when you are just talking about their performance.

It is shocking that a bench player in Kalvin phillips has 80+ pages.

Haaland in December, after spending 3 months without KDB:

giphy.webp

About time we started talking about Erling; three things he needs to work on;

Hold up play - Its simply not good enough especially considering his size. A part of the reason we dont create enough is because when the ball goes up top to him he gets dispossessed before his team mates arrive to provide support.

Aerial duels - He doesn't compete enough, easily beaten to headers by opposition defenders.

Movement - Needs to drop deep some times, link up with the 8s to draw the defenders out, creates space to run in behind.

He's the same player he was a year ago.

Agree with this. He doesn't get across and in front of defenders enough. He was way too static.

If KDB or Bernardo was playing tonight Erling would of had a hat= trick. We are totally blessed having a player like Erling. Look back at our past and then just think how the hell did we get here? Let's just appreciate what we have got.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.