9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kovačić under-hit a few through balls to him in the first half, otherwise he could have been in a few times. He was telling Kova to put more pace on it into the space more.

Nice stroll in the park in the second half for him. Think he had more possession of the ball in the penalty shootout than he did all second half of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the idea with the way we play, with the slow tempo and short, safe passes, is that when we lose the ball we have players immediately around the ball to win it back quickly. Or at least try to. Versus playing too vertically, too quickly, the team is not around the ball at all times.

It’s effective but I’m not going to pretend I find it entertaining. It isn’t at all. But we’ll win with it, there’s no doubt about that.
We better get used to games that Erling turns into Samaras then. When he joined us early last season, 1 in 3 goals were a result of passes over or through the line of defence. I cant remember the last time he scored one like that. If I'm frustrated, I wonder how he feels.

I can blame him a little. I don't think he does enough to be found.

I agree. He did not move enough or get involved enough. It's not all about service, and while of course Erling misses Kev's stellar service Guardiola demands more of his strikers and yes, Erling could have done more. He has to be adaptable and show more. There were also crosses that he didn't jump for or latch onto. Even a great striker like him can improve.

Some players just aren't quiet at it in finals. I wouldn't really call The UEFA Super Cup a final as such.

Henry is one the best PL players of all time, but he didn't do it for Arsenal, Barcelona or France in finals.

2000 UEFA Cup final - 0 goals
2000 European Championship final - 0 goals
2001 FA Cup final - 0 goals
2002 FA Cup final - 0 goals
2003 FA Cup final - 0 goals
2003 Confederations Cup final - 1 goal
2006 Champions League final - 0 goals
2006 World Cup final - 0 goals
2009 Champions League final - 0 goals
2009 UEFA Super Cup - 0 goals
2009 FIFA Club World Cup final - 0 goals

Kovačić under-hit a few through balls to him in the first half, otherwise he could have been in a few times. He was telling Kova to put more pace on it into the space more.

Nice stroll in the park in the second half for him. Think he had more possession of the ball in the penalty shootout than he did all second half of the game.
On the one where he was telling Kovacic to put more pace ( not the other 2), that ball was just fine. He just messed up with his cutback.

That one was on him.

That said, when we play at this turgid pace. He is bound to suffer. As there are no spaces or runs for him to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.