9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s just me. Why oh why oh why, when there is a high line defence marking Erland and 40 odd yards of space behind the defence do we not simply put the ball in that space and see who is quickest ?
How many times did we try that yesterday? I counted one half arssed attempt.
Please can those more tactically adept than me explain.

If KDB or Bernardo was playing tonight Erling would of had a hatrick. We are totally blessed having a player like Erling. Look back at our past and then just think how the hell did we get here? Let's just appreciate what we have got.
It would also help if we had wingers who went past players and got crosses in instead of constantly knocking it back or sidewards. Imagine Leroy feeding this guy

Maybe it’s just me. Why oh why oh why, when there is a high line defence marking Erland and 40 odd yards of space behind the defence do we not simply put the ball in that space and see who is quickest ?
How many times did we try that yesterday? I counted one half arssed attempt.
Please can those more tactically adept than me explain.
Ball retention.

Ball retention.
Yes, I see that. However if we lose the ball from that tactic at least we have numbers back rather than losing it when we have eight in advanced position in their half. It’s not an easy ball to play either as there is usually a sweeper keeper to take account of. But we have some technically proficient players…

Yes, I see that. However if we lose the ball from that tactic at least we have numbers back rather than losing it when we have eight in advanced position in their half. It’s not an easy ball to play either as there is usually a sweeper keeper to take account of. But we have some technically proficient players…
I agree and miss seeing that long crossfield ball the game last night was crying out for they set up to defend so well but looked vulnerable when their attacks broke down but for whatever reason (I guess team orders) no one seems to play it.

I think the idea with the way we play, with the slow tempo and short, safe passes, is that when we lose the ball we have players immediately around the ball to win it back quickly. Or at least try to. Versus playing too vertically, too quickly, the team is not around the ball at all times.

It’s effective but I’m not going to pretend I find it entertaining. It isn’t at all. But we’ll win with it, there’s no doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.