9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Anybody conflicted about Haaland is doing this football lark wrong.
Jeez we’ve sone strange ones amongst us.
you're not conflicted, you been on bluemoon for 11 years, rarely posted until big erl signed(a player you wanted us to sign btw ) and have spent the time ever since he signed telling us we are better without him

edit ooops ,wrong poster sorry , that was in response to @bluedreamer

Come on mate, you've been unfairly harsh in your criticism of him (and Kev for that matter)

Erling's been out injured for the last two months so it will take a few weeks to get back up to full game speed and he's still young!
But he's the best striker in the World, and even though he's been injured he still leads the league in goals scored this season.
His goal record, technique, power and pace are second to none in the position at the moment and his presence alone scares the shit out of defences.
Yeah he could do better on occasions, but he scored two great goals on Saturday and had some chances tonight, but there is no-one who's ever played who doesn't miss chances, so as your mean't to be a fan, you need to cut him some slack imo.

52 league goals in 53 matches ffs I can’t understand how some blues shine a negative light on it. Added to that he moves the defense because they’re trying to follow Erling which leaves gaps for our forwards and midfielders to use to score the amount of goals we do.

Any club manager would give both bollocks and give half of his knob length for a striker with Erling strike rate.

Last edited:
I’m conflicted on my view of Haaland.
Can‘t deny that he is a brilliant finisher and we did the treble with him last season.
Having said that I find the way the game often goes on around him frustrating to watch.
Last night was a classic example. First touch of the ball was 28 minutes into the game.
Total number of touches 18 out of 830 as a team with 80% possession.
I think we perform better as a team with Alvarez. We did win all eleven games without EH playing some of the best football all season.
Everton game was a hard watch but Haaland scores twice, deemed to be the hero.
“Deemed to be a hero”, fucks sake does he need to score a hat trick every week to get your approval?

I’m conflicted on my view of Haaland.
Can‘t deny that he is a brilliant finisher and we did the treble with him last season.
Having said that I find the way the game often goes on around him frustrating to watch.
Last night was a classic example. First touch of the ball was 28 minutes into the game.
Total number of touches 18 out of 830 as a team with 80% possession.
I think we perform better as a team with Alvarez. We did win all eleven games without EH playing some of the best football all season.
Everton game was a hard watch but Haaland scores twice, deemed to be the hero.
You clearly don't like/rate him. Which is your prerogative, of course. No problem with that at all, I'm puzzled, though. Why are you posting in the thread of a player you don't rate? All you're likely to achieve is to bring heat on yourself. Is it worth it? But hey; your choice.

You clearly don't like/rate him. Which is your prerogative, of course. No problem with that at all, I'm puzzled, though. Why are you posting in the thread of a player you don't rate? All you're likely to achieve is to bring heat on yourself. Is it worth it? But hey; your choice.
I think you are missing my point.
I obviously celebrate his goals like everyone else and acknowledge we would not have won what we did last season without him.
i just prefer watching ’total’ football

I think you are missing my point.
I obviously celebrate his goals like everyone else and acknowledge we would not have won what we did last season without him.
i just prefer watching ’total’ football

The total football from last season we played inevitably meant he finished it with a goal, which is what wins the games, and he did it an awfully lot of times, and will do again rest of this season

Not at all, it just explains my confliction. He saves us by scoring so many goals but I prefer watching the way we play as a team without him.
Weird, but there’s weirder things, apparently 700 million like united. In fact have you ever thought about managing united?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.