9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall when we played Dortmund and he never laid a glove on us . At that time I couldn't see what the hype was. Maybe his confidence is shot, maybe its the system but when I watch him in the game I really struggle to see what he's adding. He is a passenger in many recent games and needs to deliver..
Both of you are absolutely correct, but at the end of the day, we need to cheer up for him, just as Pep+ his staff and the players around him.

From Wednesday on he can contribute to another historic season. He just needs to begin it against Madrid in 7 days.

I recall when we played Dortmund and he never laid a glove on us . At that time I couldn't see what the hype was. Maybe his confidence is shot, maybe its the system but when I watch him in the game I really struggle to see what he's adding. He is a passenger in many recent games and needs to deliver..
82 goals in 90 games for us, and you “struggle to see what he’s adding” and that he “needs to deliver”?! Fucking hell.

82 goals in 90 games for us, and you “struggle to see what he’s adding” and that he “needs to deliver”?! Fucking hell.

Perhaps it’s unfair to be so dismissive of such a record, but he plays for a team that should win most games - and even the league - by default, as has been the case since about 2017; deciding the very few marginal games that we have in a season would be what ultimately validates his time here, in the manner Aguero, Toure and more recently Rodri have for us.

Overdue European success last season has more to do with the fact the standard of ‘elite’ football generally has collapsed in past few years than Haaland’s arrival being catalytic - the two Milan teams who contested last year’s semis were woeful and wouldn’t have breached the top 10 in Serie A in the 90s or 00s, while the now-annual tie against Real Madrid has put the spotlight on their gradual descent into overly-athletic obscurity; compare it to the sides we played against in 2012 or 2016 and it puts everything into context.

Look at the Bayern team Aguero scored a hat-trick against compared to the current Tuchel shit show, or the Chelsea and United sides Tevez used to make the difference against domestically - they’d both absolutely destroy the modern game. Even Dzeko looked like Marco Van Basten compared to Haaland.

Relatively, Anelka scoring the goals he did for us in a bang average side in a strong league - consolidating Premier League status after a period of yo-yo’ing as a platform for what was to come - was better service to Manchester City than Alfie’s son stat padding the goals Sterling and Jesus used to share.

Not really - the point I’m making is there are a lot of big games he hasn’t done enough in. I’ve tried to limit it to distinctly big games. And there will be more he hasn’t scored in, than has.

If you’re comfortable with his big game return then so be it. I look at that and am a bit disappointed. Feel free to include tough games against good defences or big occasions where he has scored to prove me wrong.

He was brought in to be the difference maker in these kind of games.

I would have expected him to score at least once in one of those games I mentioned…..my point isnt about goals per game, it’s the number of big games he hasn’t scored in or impacted enough.
FFS

90 games 82 goals 15 assists that's 97 goal contributions it's Messi & Ronaldo levels, better than anything Kun Aguero did.

Champions League top goal scorer.

Dortmund home Champions League scored a superb goal to win us the game.
5 fucking goals in R16 vs RB Leipzig
Bayern Qtr final Champs League 2 goals 1 assist
Palace 2-0 down brought us back to life scoring a Hatrick
Tottenham at home 2 down HT scored and helped us turn it around.
Hatrick against the rags which hadn't been done in years.
Arsenal away last season goal to finish off Arsenal
Arsenal again at home 1 goal 2 assists

This is just of the top of my head they'll be more but seriously stop listening to the media.

He's a world class striker and he's obviously heavily marked in the bigger games. Maybe it would also help if our midfield found him more as well.

We wouldn't have gotten anywhere fucking close to a treble or still be in with a shout this season without him.

UNBELIEVABLE SOME OF YOU.

Perhaps it’s unfair to be so dismissive of such a record, but he plays for a team that should win most games - and even the league - by default, as has been the case since about 2017; deciding the very few marginal games that we have in a season would be what ultimately validates his time here, in the manner Aguero, Toure and more recently Rodri have for us.

Overdue European success last season has more to do with the fact the standard of ‘elite’ football generally has collapsed in past few years than Haaland’s arrival being catalytic - the two Milan teams who contested last year’s semis were woeful and wouldn’t have breached the top 10 in Serie A in the 90s or 00s, while the now-annual tie against Real Madrid has put the spotlight on their gradual descent into overly-athletic obscurity; compare it to the sides we played against in 2012 or 2016 and it puts everything into context.

Look at the Bayern team Aguero scored a hat-trick against compared to the current Tuchel shit show, or the Chelsea and United sides Tevez used to make the difference against domestically - they’d both absolutely destroy the modern game. Even Dzeko looked like Marco Van Basten compared to Haaland.

Relatively, Anelka scoring the goals he did for us in a bang average side in a strong league - consolidating Premier League status after a period of yo-yo’ing as a platform for what was to come - was better service to Manchester City than Alfie’s son stat padding the goals Sterling and Jesus used to share.
What's a load of fucking shite lol

He's been here less than 2 years, he'll have his moments.

The Bayern side Aguero scored against were down to 10 men after 20 minutes and were already qualified.

Dzeko please ffs it took Edin Dzeko 189 games to score 72 goals Haaland beat that in 18 months.

Your last paragraph lol

7 posts and you write that dribble...... RAG / DIPPER

Do you think last seasons team was better than the centurion team or one that won the domestic treble? Or that rag team that won the treble was better than the 2008 team that had Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo etc?
From February to the end of the season yes it was better, it took us longer to click unlike in the centurion and domestic treble seasons but once we did we were unstoppable in all competitions, in those two seasons we were knocked out by Liverpool and Spurs in the CL who were far inferior to us, last season we beat Leipzig 7-0, Bayern 3-0 and Madrid 4-0, that speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.