9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

While he did score a ton of goals, our system has been build around him to get that many chances.

The stats show his finishing has been poor this season, he needs to get it om target alot more next season. We give him alot of chances.

He also needs to use his body more, yes, he probably should have had a penalty, but he shouldnt hope for it, just out muscle them. He doesnt use his frame to his advantage enough.

Nah not having that, there were times where the ball was turned over

A lot of the time it's because we haven't got the speed out wide to make quick transitions

I get what you're saying but I don't recall a scenario today where that was possible as it simply wasn't on. Possibly once and whoever had the ball (can't remember) they had it on their weaker foot and played a more simple pass.

It was all very congested and none of our attacking players played at all well. We had zero width until Doku was introduced.

We just don’t play to his strengths this season? Wasting him although he has missed some serious chances as well

I get what you're saying but I don't recall a scenario today where that was possible as it simply wasn't on. Possibly once and whoever had the ball (can't remember) they had it on their weaker foot and played a more simple pass.

It was all very congested and none of our attacking players played at all well. We had zero width until Doku was introduced.
Yeah I do agree, but how many times today did United literally just toe the ball into space for Rashford and Garnacho to run onto?

Can you imagine us doing that with Haaland pulling Varane out of position? It was on, as there were numerous occasions where we turned the ball over in the last half an hour

Not saying it would have resulted in anything major, but just something to involve Haaland and give their unfit, injury prone defenders something to think about

Yeah I do agree, but how many times today did United literally just toe the ball into space for Rashford and Garnacho to run onto?

Can you imagine us doing that with Haaland pulling Varane out of position? It was on, as there were numerous occasions where we turned the ball over in the last half an hour

Not saying it would have resulted in anything major, but just something to involve Haaland and give their unfit, injury prone defenders something to think about

Very disappointing day, but still been a great season and we've achieved summat no one else has - four in a row.

The rags are still fucking wank and will continue to be just that.

Anyway, I am off to fetch another cold beer and watch a film with my good lady.

6 finals in a row is becoming hard to write off as bad luck, not getting chances etc.

Every great forward in history has gotten extra attention in finals, they’re great because they score anyway.

He and Pep have a lot of work to do to fix this and get him scoring in these games because it’s not like he’s occupying 3 defenders and everyone else is running wild thanks to that either, he’s just barely featuring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.