9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

I think Paqueta was part of the solution to get more out of Haaland. Paqueta is top of all the stats for through balls. He plays early passes. Now that’s dead in the water, I don’t know what we do.

zero effort yesterday, which was criminal in a game like that, never busted a gut to get on the end of things or follow up on their keeper, and half arsed pressing - should have been hooked at HT for Alvarez who demontrated exactly what was required when he came on. I'm not one to criticise our players, but that was a shocking performance in a game of that magnitude.
I’d hate to think what it was we required if Alvarez demonstrated it. He was garbage.

There’s a reason we will never ever be a truly big club, and it is on this thread.
Truly big, worldwide clubs, have fans who understand the game, and get behind their players come what may.
Liverpool, United, et al all have fan bases that are far far more secure in themselves and their players than we currently do.
We are a wonderful club, with the best owners and senior executives in the world, the best manager, and the best first 11, including the best, and most sought-after striker in the world, with a tier three fan base. Online fan base anyway.
Absolute disgrace some of the comments in here. Twas ever this too. Similar vibes to posters wishing death on Pellegrini for having the audacity to win us a league and cup double.

Utter cunts some people on here.

Pmsl, United and Liverpool fans understand football, holy fuck that's funny.

There’s a reason we will never ever be a truly big club, and it is on this thread.
Truly big, worldwide clubs, have fans who understand the game, and get behind their players come what may.
Liverpool, United, et al all have fan bases that are far far more secure in themselves and their players than we currently do.
We are a wonderful club, with the best owners and senior executives in the world, the best manager, and the best first 11, including the best, and most sought-after striker in the world, with a tier three fan base. Online fan base anyway.
Absolute disgrace some of the comments in here. Twas ever this too. Similar vibes to posters wishing death on Pellegrini for having the audacity to win us a league and cup double.

You've never been on the Caf, have you ?

Possibly the biggest load of shite I’ve ever read on this forum and that’s solid competition

There's certainly one.

Seems like his body is still growing and he's had a bit of trouble getting used to those changes this season. Definitely feels like he's lost a yard of pace and doesn't look comfortable in games that get physical. And yet he still scored 38 goals, won the PL Golden Boot despite missing seven weeks with a fracture, and popped up with big performances when we needed them in order to bring the title home. I back him to get back to his best next season.

Another game on a big stage where he largely went missing. Scored another bucketload of goals this season but we need him banging them more regularly on big occasions, not just against the likes of wolves and Luton.
For me the reason he’s getting grief is his general work rate in games at times. I don’t think we play to his strengths for one minute but that said his movement was poor and he was manhandled without resistance. That’s on Erling to address and whenever any player is having a bad game the minimum you can do is work hard be aggressive and try to play your way in. He didn’t do that at any point yeah and that’s what I’d criticise him for and think it’s a fair observation. Scoring in big games is neither here or there if you contribute positively in other ways and he didn’t yday. He was not alone by a long chalk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.