9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Not going to slag the big man as I've no doubt plenty already have. What I will say is, it's a huge disappointment how anonymous he was yesterday. Might has well have hooked him after 10 mins and played with no striker.

Last edited:
it starts be be laughable how easily he is pushed, pulled, made disappeared by defenders a head shorter than him. he needs to be an aggressive tall striker who hurts defenders, get the elbow in when you are pulled down, when you jump and being pushed in the air make sure to fall on the defender where it leaves him needing the doctor etc.
much more darks arts needed imo here.
lot of times he feels too nice on the pitch, its like he doesnt have the physical power what people would think he has sometimes.
Deary fucking me

He’s obviously a phenomenal talent but the way he flat track bullies lower league sides and then disappears in big games is definitely a trend that merits concern.

His pure stats mask this as he’ll go missing for weeks then bang 5 in against Burnley or some other dross. He’s not consistent enough.
May have something to do with us passing the ball for ten mins and never looking for a ball in to him against the big teams
For Liverpool or united he would score 50
We need to find him quicker
Seen him make run after run in behind this season for us to then end up back with Ederson
In the interest of balance he has missed a few sitters as well

Two vs Spurs in what was the title decider
A simple tap-in and a penalty. Right place at right time, and a free hit from 12 yards. Other than that, next to nothing.

Arrogant. Overrated. Flatters to deceive. Doesn't actually fit in Pep's system. A 6ft 4 inch flat track bully who spent 90 minutes in the pocket of a 5ft 8 inch lad who hasn't played for ages and had cramp after 70 minutes.

Give him a fucking Ballon D'or for trying his best.

He needs to work harder on the weak areas of his game, i.e. 75% of it.

We are calling him yet he still pissed the top scorer chart again even though he was injured and out of form. I agree that he needs to get involved more but he gets paid for finding the net and he does that so no problem with him .

If he's not scoring he may as well not be on the pitch. I love the lad and he's scored shit loads of goals for us during his time here.

But I feel there are aspects of his game he could really improve upon. His hold up play is very poor for a big lad. The ball bounces off him or his first touch is so loose that the defender nicks it off him.

Against Martinez yesterday he should be winning every header.

Facts are....2 golden boots in a row but also 2 end of season run ins where his form has tailed off considerably. Doesn't look anything like the threat he did in the first half of last season and that's not just talking about the goals. The pace, the power and the sheer force of will don't seem to be there, injuries not withstanding.

A simple tap-in and a penalty. Right place at right time, and a free hit from 12 yards. Other than that, next to nothing.

Arrogant. Overrated. Flatters to deceive. Doesn't actually fit in Pep's system. A 6ft 4 inch flat track bully who spent 90 minutes in the pocket of a 5ft 8 inch lad who hasn't played for ages and had cramp after 70 minutes.

Give him a fucking Ballon D'or for trying his best.

He needs to work harder on the weak areas of his game, i.e. 75% of it.
It is still two goals in a important game. You can't deny that.

Facts are....2 golden boots in a row but also 2 end of season run ins where his form has tailed off considerably. Doesn't look anything like the threat he did in the first half of last season and that's not just talking about the goals. The pace, the power and the sheer force of will don't seem to be there, injuries not withstanding.
Injuries have taken its toll this season and although it is sporadic, there are signs he is looking like his old self He is the one of the few players who will be fully rested this summer so see what will happen after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.