9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player's primary role is to help his team win. When Benzema was Madrid's #9, it took fans years to realize that him not scoring that much is actually not that important because of the overall contribution. Of course this is all irrelevant anyway because Osimhen actually scores a lot of goals. For me hes on the same level as Haaland. The little advantage Haaland has in athleticism (Osimhen is an athletic freak as well mind you), he compensates with these other attributes.
Didn't Napoli finish 10th this year? And he scores at half the rate Haaland does. But other than that....

Lets brake fucking Luis Suarez record 40 goals in La Liga 2015/16 and Lewandowski BL 2020/21 41 goal.
Fawk it

Erling Haaland 42 goals

Thats a very superficial analysis. Osimhen isn't being fed by a midfield of City's quality.

Haaland for Norway: 27 goals in 31 games
Osimhen for Nigeria: 21 goals in 35 games

I guess Osimhen's numbers can also explained that he isn't being fed by a midfield of Norway's quality....

Or maybe... just maybe... Haaland is a transcended generational talent who scores fuck loads of goals in any system regardless the quality of his supporting cast.

Haaland for Norway: 27 goals in 31 games
Osimhen for Nigeria: 21 goals in 35 games

I guess Osimhen's numbers can also explained that he isn't being fed by a midfield of Norway's quality....

Or maybe... just maybe... Haaland is a transcended generational talent who scores fuck loads of goals in any system regardless the quality of his supporting cast.
If there isn't an issue with Haaland, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Someone asked who would you replace Haaland with, and I chipped in with an opinion.

btw saying those numbers by Osimhen are anything but great is a bit silly.

A player's primary role is to help his team win. When Benzema was Madrid's #9, it took fans years to realize that him not scoring that much is actually not that important because of the overall contribution. Of course this is all irrelevant anyway because Osimhen actually scores a lot of goals. For me hes on the same level as Haaland. The little advantage Haaland has in athleticism (Osimhen is an athletic freak as well mind you), he compensates with these other attributes.
And Benzema the player you mention went on to win a Balon D'or for an outstanding GOALSCORING season, he didnt win it for pressing defences.

Goals are what win you games and theres very few in the world better at scoring goals than haaland.

Osimhen has scored 65 league goals for Napoli in the past 4 seasons.
Haaland has 63 league goals in his last two seasons alone.

You cant argue with maths I'm afraid.

Osimhen. Much better in the air, presses way more, constantly makes runs. Having marginally less pace wouldn't make a difference because against the low block it doesn't matter anyway, and if there is space on the counter hes more than fast enough.
The only plus for him over Haaland is his aerial ability ,he is even more clumsy on ball than Haaland . I can see Isak becoming a better striker than. Haaland if he signs for Arsenal

A simple tap-in and a penalty. Right place at right time, and a free hit from 12 yards. Other than that, next to nothing.

Arrogant. Overrated. Flatters to deceive. Doesn't actually fit in Pep's system. A 6ft 4 inch flat track bully who spent 90 minutes in the pocket of a 5ft 8 inch lad who hasn't played for ages and had cramp after 70 minutes.

Give him a fucking Ballon D'or for trying his best.

He needs to work harder on the weak areas of his game, i.e. 75% of it.
Dont you ever get tired of wumming ? Sleeper ?

Dont you ever get tired of wumming ? Sleeper ?

I was absolutely fuming when I wrote that Karen. I'm calmer now, but I still honestly think he needs to massively improve his overall game if he wants to be up there with Messi, Ronaldo, etc.

As for the original post I was responding to... Anyone who thinks that Haaland's two goals against Spurs were the mark of a top player is kidding themselves.

I was absolutely fuming when I wrote that Karen. I'm calmer now, but I still honestly think he needs to massively improve his overall game if he wants to be up there with Messi, Ronaldo, etc.

As for the original post I was responding to... Anyone who thinks that Haaland's two goals against Spurs were the mark of a top player is kidding themselves.
Yeah too right. It’s because of him we’ve had such a shit 2 seasons. Honestly, I don’t know where we go from here with this bloke. If he can’t score 2 every game he’s just not good enough.
I believe like me you’re a long standing fan - well stop listening to media horseshit and start appreciating these are the best times we will ever have as City fans.
There’s always been a moaning minority at City who are vocal and never bloody satisfied. So bloody what if Haaland has weaknesses in his game, I don’t give a shit and neither do I give a shit about other small time pathetic criticisms you make.
I’m fuming as well.
Oh and by the way I’m sure you were there with the others “he never does anything in big games, ner ner ner” Well those 2 goals played a huge part in getting us over the line

Yeah too right. It’s because of him we’ve had such a shit 2 seasons. Honestly, I don’t know where we go from here with this bloke. If he can’t score 2 every game he’s just not good enough.
I believe like me you’re a long standing fan - well stop listening to media horseshit and start appreciating these are the best times we will ever have as City fans.
There’s always been a moaning minority at City who are vocal and never bloody satisfied. So bloody what if Haaland has weaknesses in his game, I don’t give a shit and neither do I give a shit about other small time pathetic criticisms you make.
I’m fuming as well.
Oh and by the way I’m sure you were there with the others “he never does anything in big games, ner ner ner” Well those 2 goals played a huge part in getting us over the line

You take this stuff far too seriously. I've been a die hard Blue all my 69 years. Been there, seen it all, players come, players go, same with managers and owners. Good, bad, indifferent. .

Opinions differ, but at the end of the day it still gets dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.