9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

He’s the best striker in the world in your opinion

There’s more to football than just goal stats

Henry only ever scored more than Haaland has this season once in his 9 years at Arsenal

If he was playing now would you say Haaland was the best striker in the world ?

Would you have preferred Henry or Haaland as our striker yesterday ?

Do you think we’d have had a better chance of winning the game with Henry or Haaland ?

I think people get to wrapped up in stats and not what they see with their eyes

I think we could be a better team with a striker more suited to how we play

Some think Haalands the best striker in the world

just opinions

Okay let's say he's the second and Harry Kane is the best. Even if he's the third best behind Mbappe. It doesn't really change things practically.

What are you proposing?

He's unsellable because there isn't a buyer who could give us how much he's worth and how much it would cost on other players to make up for losing him.

Who are you are proposing that we sign to replace him?

You can give me two answers if you would like. A realistic one and an unrealistic one.

Last edited:

You can give me two answers if you would like. A realistic one and an unrealistic one.
Osimhen. Much better in the air, presses way more, constantly makes runs. Having marginally less pace wouldn't make a difference because against the low block it doesn't matter anyway, and if there is space on the counter hes more than fast enough.

Osimhen. Much better in the air, presses way more, constantly makes runs. Having marginally less pace wouldn't make a difference because against the low block it doesn't matter anyway, and if there is space on the counter hes more than fast enough.

Who buys Haaland? Chelsea or PSG possibly? Outside of that? A big risk for a player at the same level.

Okay let's say he's the second and Harry Kane is the best. Even if he's the third best behind Mbappe. It doesn't really change things practically.

What are you proposing?

He's unsellable because there isn't a buyer who could give us how much he's worth and how much it would cost on other players to make up for losing him.

I think you’re 100% right and he is unsellable and pretty much undroppable as I believe his brand has taken us to another level in terms of commercial success and if we drop him we reduce his value

I feel Mbappe is obviously a very good player and a match winner but I do feel he’s overrated and also seems a bit of a brat/problem off the pitch so I wouldn’t want him or Vinicius for that matter

Over last 2/3 years I’ve watched much less football outside of City so don’t really know what’s out there, I don’t think I’ve seen that Oshiman play so I can’t really say who I’d like

All I can say is the type of footballer I’d like and that’s a classy clever centre forward, not necessarily pacey even, just someone with that natural ability, great touch, hold the ball up, play others in etc…

If there’s nobody out there I’d use the squad we’ve got and play a false 9

Yep I know this won’t happen and Haaland will be picked every week and be our first choice striker as long as he’s here

He’s the best striker in the world in your opinion

There’s more to football than just goal stats

Henry only ever scored more than Haaland has this season once in his 9 years at Arsenal

If he was playing now would you say Haaland was the best striker in the world ?

Would you have preferred Henry or Haaland as our striker yesterday ?

Do you think we’d have had a better chance of winning the game with Henry or Haaland ?

I think people get to wrapped up in stats and not what they see with their eyes

I think we could be a better team with a striker more suited to how we play

Some think Haalands the best striker in the world

just opinions
I feel that with Haaland we are not playing to his strengths. He's getting marked out of games too easily by good CB's.

How many times did we try the surprise route 1 approach from Ortega on Saturday?

It was always the "pass it out from the back"
Is that on Pep?

I feel that with Haaland we are not playing to his strengths. He's getting marked out of games too easily by good CB's.

How many times did we try the surprise route 1 approach from Ortega on Saturday?

It was always the "pass it out from the back"
Is that on Pep?
He is not suited to our style ,we did not even put many crosses in from him ,the current version of man city is a boring watch if compared to sane/sterling and Aguero

What are you proposing?

For me the only better No 9 is Kane, I wouldn't want to sell Haaland, he's irreplaceable.
But I wish we would start playing more to his strengths, be more direct sometimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.