9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hold him to a high standard, so I can't say I'm too happy with his play lately. His finishing is all over the place and has been for some time now. He's still young, but definitely needs to put in some extra shifts during training to work on his shooting.

2 absolute sitters, 0 scored, 1 on target
3 great chances, 1 scored, all on target
2 difficult chances, 0 scored, both on target

He was dreadful infront of goal today by his own standards.
Still, after 2, 3, 4 misses he didn't once stop looking for more and got his rewards in the end.
Also - 2 sitters aside - his other misses were all reasonable efforts mostly forcing excellent saves.

On most days he'd score a hat trick today, on a good day he scores 5.

Not overly concerned with the misses. On another day he could have had 6, and we all know that will happen sooner or later. He was heavy in his pass to Foden but his link up play was better, especially when he dropped deeper and broke free from contact with the West Ham defenders. He’s going to have to keep doing that because his weakness is still taking the ball in when the defender puts the press on him.

Reactions: kun
Not particularly arsed if he misses a load as long as he gets goals eventually - and important ones at that.

The one away at Sheffield Utd was important and today’s was to kill off the game.

I’m sure the common theme after his missed against Newcastle was that “he will never miss that many”.
It’s incredible to say that a man who scores as many as he does misses too many chances, but he does, or certainly is at the moment.

He’s both a goal machine, but also pretty wasteful on current form.

I’m sure the common theme after his missed against Newcastle was that “he will never miss that many”.
It’s incredible to say that a man who scores as many as he does misses too many chances, but he does, or certainly is at the moment.

He’s both a goal machine, but also pretty wasteful on current form.
Aguero was the same. I can remember leaving the Etihad numerous times thinking if only Sergio took all his chances.

Despite all the misses, he's only marginally behind his exceptionally high expected goals per 90. I think the beauty of Haaland is that his incredible physicality and movement mean that he'll always get loads of chances, and because of his finishing, he's going to get a huge number of goals because of it.

He failed with 6 decent chances and scored on his 7th. How many other strikers would get that many chances away at a team like West Ham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.