9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all the misses, he's only marginally behind his exceptionally high expected goals per 90. I think the beauty of Haaland is that his incredible physicality and movement mean that he'll always get loads of chances, and because of his finishing, he's going to get a huge number of goals because of it.

He failed with 6 decent chances and scored on his 7th. How many other strikers would get that many chances away at a team like West Ham?
We funnel everything towards him because his physicality is way too good to not do.

But it’s worth it, this is the worst I’ve seen Haaland in terms of chances and goals and he still scored a goal simply due to our volume and his movement.

Besides the misses, I thought his movement overall was exceptional.

He was dropping into space and pulling defenders around to make space for others too. It’s fucking an insane thought he can still improve.

Scored and got a pre assist (lolz) in a 1-3 away win against a team that’s started the season strongly.
He’s fucking ace. His misses don’t bother me because they just make him more determined. He’s a different beast altogether this boy.

If your number 9 has a bit of a shocker of a game, and a bit of a slow start to the season generally, and still scores a goal while averaging just over a goal game then you can't grumble too much, can you.

IMO, if your striker misses five good chances in a game and eventually scores an important one, he's had a good match.

Every striker has 'one of those days' a few times a season, those games where you decide it just isn't going to happen for them today. Haaland has those days and STILL scores, he's just absurdly good.

I think people’s memory of missed chances diminishes quickly. Tevez used to take shot after shot to get his goals, and Aguero often missed ‘the easier ones’ before bagging one you wouldn’t necessarily say was a given.

Do any of the stattos out there know if there’s a site that records players’ big chances conversion rate? I think it would be quite interesting to see how various players perform on that because I think we’d be surprised by how many big chances absolutely everyone misses. With Haaland it’s more of a talking point because of the whole “he’s a robot” thing. Like people forget he is actually a human being.

It's just my opinion but whenever Haaland score early goal, the chance of him scoring another one will be higher later in game. But when Haaland misses one or two big miss chance early in game, it will become difficult for him to score later in game. I think it's related to his confidence that can be shaken if he miss big and easy chances early, he need to score early goal so his confidence scoring another goal in the game later will be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.