9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s been in great form for a while, it’s just that he’s so lethal that his version of average form is still pretty much a goal a game in a team that provides him this many chances.

Looking forward to when it falls into place :)

What i liked about yesterday was early on he realised it wasn't going to be his day goal wise , but he kept grafting, kept working for the team didn't throw his toys out the pram just got on with it , and low and behold he got his reward . Rashford yesterday wanted a goal, several times he cut in from the left only to produce a weak shot when he could have played in a team mate, he was only thinking of his own glory not the teams collective need of a goal . I have never seen Erling do that .

We are so lucky to have a player like Haaland. He is the best striker in the world right now, and still remains well grounded. He never gives up, and missing chances seems to make him hungrier for goals. And he's not just goals, whatever anyone says - his movement off the ball creates so much space for other players, and he works so hard to be in the right place. Yes, he missed a couple of easy chances (for him), but still took his goal really well and had two chances very well saved. And just look where he is when Alvarez's free kick hits the post: on his own waiting for the rebound or the goalie to spill the ball.

We couldn't have gotten a better group for him to break the CL goal record of one season.

What i liked about yesterday was early on he realised it wasn't going to be his day goal wise , but he kept grafting, kept working for the team didn't throw his toys out the pram just got on with it , and low and behold he got his reward . Rashford yesterday wanted a goal, several times he cut in from the left only to produce a weak shot when he could have played in a team mate, he was only thinking of his own glory not the teams collective need of a goal . I have never seen Erling do that .
Him leaving the ball for Bernardo's goal said everything. Has become a proper team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.