9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he needs to start trying to create his own goals then, or is he going to retire when Kevin does if he can't play without him?
Or he could move to a team that has Bellingham supplying him. :)
I won't blame Haaland yet, as the general attacking play from City is so predictable and most of the possession is useless.

He needs to be pulling his defenders around, drifting out to the wings, creating holes, not being a concrete bollard camped on the D of their box between two CBs and a DM in front of him…BUT I’m pretty sure he’s playing to orders, which suggests the problem lies elsewhere.

He has been anonymous for LARGE STRETCHES of games this season…even the ones where he has scored. It’s not good enough, even if he does win the Golden Boot as a flat track bully!

He didn't have Kev at Dortmund when he was banging them in.

Hes missed load of chances that have been created for him hope hes just going through a slump that many striker's go through.

Sometimes it doesnt help when we decide to play pretty passes around the box, why does Kev have to be the only one willing to play the ball forward?

He didn't have Kev at Dortmund when he was banging them in.

Hes missed load of chances that have been created for him hope hes just going through a slump that many striker's go through.

Sometimes it doesnt help when we decide to play pretty passes around the box, why does Kev have to be the only one willing to play the ball forward?
I still think defenders last year thought he could head it, so full backs stretched themselves to get closer to our wide player = holes for KDB to slide rule balls. Opposition cottoned , left our wide men free this year and just closed any gaps between full backs and centre backs. Haalands inability to head well consistantly, has been the main reason for this change of approach. Killing us and him.

I still think defenders last year thought he could head it, so full backs stretched themselves to get closer to our wide player = holes for KDB to slide rule balls. Opposition cottoned , left our wide men free this year and just closed any gaps between full backs and centre backs. Haalands inability to head well consistantly, has been the main reason for this change of approach. Killing us and him.
Second highest headed goals last season with 7 (behind Kane with 10). 2 already this season. I'd say he's not too bad at them.

Second highest headed goals last season with 7 (behind Kane with 10). 2 already this season. I'd say he's not too bad at them.
Fair spot i'm going to study them to see how many goid uns v missed ones, does seem a poor header of the ball to the naked eye you must admit. Could be wrong, hope i am, as we need him to score them if wide players are free to cross

Fair spot i'm going to study them to see how many goid uns v missed ones, does seem a poor header of the ball to the naked eye you must admit. Could be wrong, hope i am, as we need him to score them if wide players are free to cross
I think ultimately most players are pretty bad at heading to the naked eye. I remember people saying Peter Crouch was a bad header of the ball, and yet around half of his goals were scored with the head. There are definitely some goals that Haaland has scored with his feet where others would have gone for a header though.

Maybe we need to bring the master onto the coaching team.

1696922052118.jpeg

In previous seasons we have slowly tiki takad our way up to the final third where a mass defence is waiting patiently until we have finished going sideways then we had players great enough to pick out a killer pass - in the absence of Kev , Gundogan and Rodri we have zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.