9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree Erling gets doubled up on very often in the League.

But also doesn't help that he is not given service by his teammates.

Got to find him more and he will deliver
Not true though is it? Apart from the last 2 league games he’s had tons of service this season

Agree Erling gets doubled up on very often in the League.

But also doesn't help that he is not given service by his teammates.

Got to find him more and he will deliver
He gets service but he also gets marked / doubled up on far tighter in the league, making it harder to pick him out and giving him far less time when he is. Making the amount of goals he scores remarkable. It also makes room for the rest of the team and we need to use that a bit better than we do, Foden has had chances he should have scored a few from,but so have others.

He has to learn to make space for himself in the prem games, to wriggle out of the players marking him , i havent seen anything to suggest he is learning this but he really has to adjust , goal hanging is all very well but we didnt buy him to create space for others as i used to say about gabby

Great goal, but space he rarely get in the P/L .
The technique and finish were superb, but yeah he's usually got 2 or 3 defenders around him lately.

Also, not having Kev is also a factor so far this season.
Not only can he find Erling with his brilliant passing abilty, but he is also a world class player opposing teams just can't ignore and without him it makes it so much easier for them to set up against us.
We're feeling his loss this season.

Or he could move to a team that has Bellingham supplying him. :)
I won't blame Haaland yet, as the general attacking play from City is so predictable and most of the possession is useless.
Not just supply, he has a responsibility to work on touch and converting more of the few chances he gets, obvious i know but he does need to keep striving to improve

Or he could move to a team that has Bellingham supplying him. :)
I won't blame Haaland yet, as the general attacking play from City is so predictable and most of the possession is useless.
Madrid is monitoring Haaland constantly. For Florentino only him and Mbappe are certain hits, after the Hazard fiasco the old man doesn't want to make even the slightest risk anymore. But I honestly don't see any problem with the way he plays and because of that Florentino is delusional about his availability.

Haaland's there to use his physicality and put the ball into the net, nothing else. And being the most physically gifted striker on the planet, I don't see an issue with that approach. Sometimes its not going to work, he might miss some chances or players who need to get him the ball will get shut down, or opposition defenders will have a great game. In which case yes it feels like you just played with 10 men. But thats part of the design. Its all about probability and more often than not he will score, because hes always alert, always looks to get in a position and doesn't burden his decision making with complicated ideas.

We have no chance of acquiring Haaland in the foreseeable future. He's the reference point for City regardless if sometimes hes shut down of a game. Personally I think Osimhen is very close to Haaland's level, but the difference between them is the margin that separates a supremely gifted human from a superhuman.

Haaland has missed a few chances but i have absolutely no worries about this lad , he shrugs off the misses which just make him more determined , he has a briliant attitude and has admitted he is his own biggest critic , world class is mentioned far too many times in the modern game , but this guy is a genuine superstar and he plays for us , pinch yourselves, because it doesnt get much better than this.

Haaland has missed a few chances but i have absolutely no worries about this lad , he shrugs off the misses which just make him more determined , he has a briliant attitude and has admitted he is his own biggest critic , world class is mentioned far too many times in the modern game , but this guy is a genuine superstar and he plays for us , pinch yourselves, because it doesnt get much better than this.
I shrugged off my Mrs in April. Haven't been so happy in ages!

Reactions: TFC
Rumour has it we are renegotiating and extending his contract , we should also put in a £500m release clause which should put Real Madrid's noses out , the media are already quoting his current contract at £900k a week which is absolute horsehit. He may well be earning the equivalent of £900k a week but that includes his personal deals with Breitling,Nike and many others , his Nike deal alone is worth £200m
Everybody wants a piece of the most sought after player in europe and best striker on the planet and although we are not a "big" club in some peoples eyes , Haaland can achieve everything he wants at club level in East Manchester , no doubt the glamour of Real is a pull but we are now in the top half a dozen clubs in the world , Bayern missed their chance to sign him from Dormund , Barca are skint , he would never play for the Rags and the Dippers are potless and their isnt the finances in Italy for Juventus to buy him.
So it looks like he is stuck at "likkle Citeh" for a few years , a couple more Champs leagues and a few Balon D'Or awards should cure his wanderlust and anyway he will need at least five or six more seasons to break Shearer's scoring record :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.