9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great goal. Pure precision and power. We used him once or twice down the channels first half and he was dangerous and got us up the pitch. Thought we might actually do it a bit more but we stopped doing it second half. His movement for the first goal leaves the space for alvarez. At the end when were under the cosh a bit he did his defensive work. Does everything he's asked to do, not his fault if we can't get him more involved. He's got to be looking forward to potentially coming up against slabhead next week. Feed him as much of thr ball as possible against that lot and he'll feast.

Another goal and also dropping deeper to help the team. The Pep effect slowly improving an unbelievable player. Think Aguero. Think change in performance. The boy is learning week by week and will undoubtedly get better and better. 50 goals all in this season without a doubt.

There was a couple of times we knocked it long into the channel and he ran into it and I think that's sometimes something we could utilise more.

It's like we forget just how fast he actually is. we've got an extremely quick player that we don't really utilise in terms of pace. You always see him making runs and we don't pick him out because we mostly play a short passing game but I would sometimes like to see players get their head up and see the runs he's making because not many defenders can catch him once he gets moving. A lot of his goals for Dortmund were from longer through balls because he could leave most central defenders for dead. He's always looking to make those runs here and you can see him getting frustrated sometimes that nobody has looked up, or they're so drilled to keep possession that they don't want to attempt the pass.

Other than his hard work and a good goal, he has made several fantastic runs that went unnoticed. We need to do better with these. He could have had a few 1 vs 1 against their keeper. That's where he thrives, from through passes allowing him to win his battles against the defenders and the keeper. We need to utilize him better. It's the same story week in and week out.

Great goal out of nothing today. Most wouldn’t have taken the shot on but that’s his finishing quality. I think it’s easy to get frustrated with him because everything he touched last year went in. I thought the game was a bit more open at times for him today and with a bit better anticipation he may have had another from a 1 on 1.

Seemed to be more involved than he has been this season. I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, we let him get marked so tightly when we build up slowly it’s really impacting some of the strengths he has. It’ll come again I’m certain. I think once Doku clicks with him it’ll be a match made in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.