9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nine goals in nine league games and has scored two goals in two games for Norway , and a cock in the Norwegian media is talking about his goal drought , keeping the Scandinavia theme maybe they should mention the new £80m Rag striker who hasnt scored a league goal yet , he could be the new Garry Birtles hoping for a league goal for his Xmas present :)

Last seasons Dias and Stones, plus most seasons Vinny were all better than Lapor

Last seasons Dias and Stones, plus most seasons Vinny were all better than Laporte
Strongly disagree..Laporte held the defence together in his own, better touch and pass then any of our defenders, stones learnt a lot from Lapoete. Such an undervalued player, Laporte.. so in my opinion, the others were not better, not even close

Thought he played well, and could have had 3 or 4.

Just needs to find that real edge again where he looks fired up. It'll come.

If you frequent here, you know I'm quite critical of him but I thought this was his best game all season even without the goals. Extremely involved in the buildup, worked hard defensively, and got rewarded for it.

It does feel that we are underutilising his skill set when you see how good his final ball can be. He's not as graceful as David Silva but he has an excellent weight of pass so its worth giving it to him in the hole and letting him play others in on goal more than once every other game.

The technique and finish were superb, but yeah he's usually got 2 or 3 defenders around him lately.

Also, not having Kev is also a factor so far this season.
Not only can he find Erling with his brilliant passing abilty, but he is also a world class player opposing teams just can't ignore and without him it makes it so much easier for them to set up against us.
We're feeling his loss this season.
I feel like we've bought too many midfielders that aren't a goal threat. Jack isn't prolific, Doku scores a handful, Nunes and Kovacic don't really score or assist. So when Foden and De Bruyne aren't playing, it means that teams can focus on Haaland and Alvarez. There's nothing wrong with any of those players individually, but when none of them are putting up the numbers, it becomes difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.