9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

I like Haaland but I thought his effort yesterday was poor, in the last 20 mins or so he was strolling back from positions 20-30 yards offside when we had just regained possession. At that stage of the match he should have been busting a gut to get involved.

He IS a poor footballer, his touch, passing and control are less refined than our other players, he loses the ball a lot and if his job is anything other than putting the ball in, the net (such as build up play or getting involved in play outside the box) he looks like he's won a competition to be out there - when hes not scoring he does very very little.

He was in a team filled with established, experienced first-teamers who knew the style of play in and out, ones who could adapt to Haaland yet continue to play how Pep wanted us. Many of the team he played with have moved on, and we've had several new additions, as well as a change in our style of play. This season is more about this new team as a whole, not just how Haaland has performed.

Couple that with his injury, KDB's injury, and this whole season has been disjointed for him. Nobody's fault, there's just not been the same level of consistancy Haaland experienced in his first season here. All these little chnages have created a big issue for him this season. Throw in all our own expectations due to how he performed last season and no wonder we've got fuckwits going "cAsH iN oN hIm In tHe SumMEr!"

Haaland is nowhere near the finished article yet, anyone can see that. But his raw talent and power isn't something to be ignored but nurtured.
Real Madrid will get the finished article . While you call people fuckwits for saying sell him well he isn’t exactly committing to Man City is he! We all know where he will be going after one more season and it won’t be us .

I sometimes cast my mind back to those couple of seasons a few years ago when we played with no striker at all and goals were coming from all over the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.