9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to haaland, there was barely any passes moving to him.
We played for possession today to try and keep control because Madrid kept breaking everytime we lost the ball.
The 50/50 passes to haaland wasn’t worth the risk today, hence so many side passes etc, all three goals was scored from out of the box.

We will see more risky balls hopefully next Wednesday to the big man

Not saying he played "well", but I don't think he was a negative asset.

They need to stop missing his movement though. There were a handful of times where he clearly created space to generate a chance and they missed it. You saw his frustration on one shortly before the Foden goal.

He creates space for others I get that and yes he didn't get much service but fuck I would like it if he physically dominates a top CB sometimes, anyway I believe he will be much better in the second leg.

Not saying he played "well", but I don't think he was a negative asset.

They need to stop missing his movement though. There were a handful of times where he clearly created space to generate a chance and they missed it. You saw his frustration on one shortly before the Foden goal.
Yes I think it was Silva who decided to run straight into a defender rather than pass to him, they don't seem to have the best connection.

Look at the Foden goal again, there is no way he would've had that much space if the defenders weren't scared of Erling, yes we can criticize him for not holding up the ball well or never making a front post run, but anyone saying we play with 10 men with him is talking rubbish.

I miss Aguero :(

But Haaland was the key signing for treble

We tried false 9-s and everything, but classic n9 was the key

The best classic n9 right now is Erling

So we have to continue.

Look at the Foden goal again, there is no way he would've had that much space if the defenders weren't scared of Erling, yes we can criticize him for not holding up the ball well or never making a front post run, but anyone saying we play with 10 men with him is talking rubbish.
Egg fucking zackerly mate. The second I saw that Rudiger and Halland were starting I put Phil down as a goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.