9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be stupid. I never said that. He needs to improve his all-round game and up his workrate.

Yes, he's scored plenty of goals, but when it comes to turning up in the really big games and scoring important goals since he's been with us, he's not been in the same league as Phil Foden, Ilkay Gundogan, or Rodri.
Does he bollocks need to improve anything.
He's been here two season scored nearly 90 goals won the treble and now the league.
If he only touched the ball 90 times I don't care.
He's a goal scorer .
He's not a particularly good footballer.
But that doesn't matter if he keeps scoring how he is

He's been here two season scored nearly 90 goals won the treble and now the league.
He's a goal scorer .
There's always something to improve, even for the particularly good ones. We can't climb Pep's mountains otherwise.

He's a goal scorer .

If you don't improve you stand still. If he wants to win individual accolades (he does), he needs to improve. He's definitely not a top footballer and that's almost certainly the reason why Pep went for Harry Kane and only turned to Haaland when Levy dug his heels in.
It's a team game. If one player isn't at 100%, the rest of the team have to pick up the slack. Haaland may well score dozens of goals, but his actual performance in games is rarely above a 6/10, and far too often sub-5/10.
He's one of the few players that I honestly believe hasn't improved under Pep Guardiola at City. It's about time for him to start doing something about it.

I’m not worried by his near misses yesterday - the last month has already shown he can have a game like that and pop up with 2-3 goals next time.

I don’t think his foot issues this season have helped him gain enough fitness and momentum.

Actually as far as I’m concerned his overall play HAS improved this season, along with his workrate. The fact Foden has had an excellent season with Kev and earlier on - Alvarez - to name but two has meant that we’ve been less reliant on him. Of course there are areas he can improve on but he’s still scored a fuckload of goals in a “poor” season by his standards. Looking forward to seeing how he does next season after a long deserved rest.

Hopefully he can score a couple on Saturday.

There are certain areas where there have been improvements in recent weeks, namely dropping deeper to break the lines and to offer an out ball, as well as pulling defenders into compact areas. His heading is still not quite there and he needs to work on getting ball out from under his feet quicker. There isn't always going to be space for it to be played into, so he needs to get it out from under him and the shot away faster. He also needs to attack the front post with more purpose. His height and pace over 3-5 yards should make him more potent there.

There are certain areas where there have been improvements in recent weeks, namely dropping deeper to break the lines and to offer an out ball, as well as pulling defenders into compact areas. His heading is still not quite there and he needs to work on getting ball out from under his feet quicker. There isn't always going to be space for it to be played into, so he needs to get it out from under him and the shot away faster. He also needs to attack the front post with more purpose. His height and pace over 3-5 yards should make him more potent there.
i remarked about that as well - he seems to be coming deeper and getting more involved - only noticed it the last 2/3 games

Don't be stupid. I never said that. He needs to improve his all-round game and up his workrate.

Yes, he's scored plenty of goals, but when it comes to turning up in the really big games and scoring important goals since he's been with us, he's not been in the same league as Phil Foden, Ilkay Gundogan, or Rodri.
The goals midweek were fairly big

I thought he did well and was unlucky not to score a couple at least...

Some of his link up play dropping deeper was class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.