9 | Erling Haaland - 2024/25

I'm much more impressed by his progress in the game than his number of goals, because in important matches like a Champions League quarter-final or semi-final, a Cup final or a match against Liverpool or Arsenal, it's this progress that will make the difference.

He's made so much progress in the air, in his movements and appeals in set attacks, in his bodywork, his passing and his play without the ball. He'll never be the greatest player in history, because nobody will ever be better than Messi, but he has all the weapons needed to become the best striker in history. Time will tell
On top of all this, he seems to be pressing more too. It's all pointing to the best signs

I'm much more impressed by his progress in the game than his number of goals, because in important matches like a Champions League quarter-final or semi-final, a Cup final or a match against Liverpool or Arsenal, it's this progress that will make the difference.

He's made so much progress in the air, in his movements and appeals in set attacks, in his bodywork, his passing and his play without the ball. He'll never be the greatest player in history, because nobody will ever be better than Messi, but he has all the weapons needed to become the best striker in history. Time will tell

People talk about him, asking if he does it in "big games" - for me, that's games like today where we aren't playing well and he's the difference maker to get 3 points. That's what great players do.

looked sad when celebrating his goals. feel for the fella. erling if you read this please feel free to take whatever time off you need :)

TOP SCORERS.png

this is the list of top 3 scores for every season since 2018/19

If he is bypassed by injuries, I think that this season too, there should be no problem when it comes to the golden boot.

Since the 2018/19 season, no top scorer has scored more than 23 goals. Kane scored 30 in 2022/23, but he also had the misfortune of competing against the great Norwegian. So Haaland's biggest competition is not in the league anymore. In addition, in my opinion, the biggest threats to Erling's golden boot this season are Salah (he is already getting older and has not scored more than 23 goals since his first season, so Haaland would be ahead of him even with last season's form), then Watkins and Isak ( they would have to explode already in the next games if they want to catch Haaland's numbers ) and Cole Palmer, no matter how strange it sounds, if he had the insane number of penalties he got last season (9) he could be at the top of the scorers' list.

also Henry and Shearer are the only two players who have won three golden boots in a row, so that's another record that Haaland can equal

Last edited:
We all love Serg, but Haaland is on another level. There's no shame in saying it.
For sheer ability I actually think aguero was better. But what separates haaland is his incredible drive and will to be the best ever.

Haalands mentality is his biggest strength imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.