9 | Erling Haaland - 2024/25

I'm much more impressed by his progress in the game than his number of goals, because in important matches like a Champions League quarter-final or semi-final, a Cup final or a match against Liverpool or Arsenal, it's this progress that will make the difference.

He's made so much progress in the air, in his movements and appeals in set attacks, in his bodywork, his passing and his play without the ball. He'll never be the greatest player in history, because nobody will ever be better than Messi, but he has all the weapons needed to become the best striker in history. Time will tell
A little revisionism never harms anyone, however, if you follow the ESPN, sky sports narratives too long. It starts to stick….

His first season he scored home and away against the tarquins, with 3 assists, he also did the same against Bayern in the QF, and but for some outstanding saves form Cuntwa for Madrid, he’d of had the same in the semi…

They want you to believe that last year was a balancing act, when it was merely rest-bite for a guy who still scored 27 league goals in 31 games (:

He will break Dixie deans record this year if he can be kept fit, but even if we can’t, it doesn’t negate he’s the best goal scorer I’ve ever seen, and I had the pleasure of Mike Sheron!

If he is bypassed by injuries, I think that this season too, there should be no problem when it comes to the golden boot.
After 4 games, he already has 9 in the bag.

Last season, United's top scorer had 10 goals for the entire season.

Not that any United players have been contenders for the golden boot lately, so that may not be saying much, but still, I'm pretty sure Erling's name is engraved on that trophy already.

Love eddy playing it over the top to him.
I've been saying it since we signed him.
Play the ball in behind no defender will catch him.
And if they do he's too strong
I loved the way he stopped, and let the defender run into him, before settling off to lift the ball over the ‘keeper.

His only concern in regards to big numbers this season outside of injury is the fact he is our only striker, and because of that there will be times this season in the league - likely at home - where Pep goes full false 9 and rests him.

I think he will only play 30 in the league.

Probably already been mentioned, several times, but I'm more and more impressed by his lay-offs. That lay-off to Jack which almost led to a goal took vision (how did he even know where he was?), and the weight of the pass was perfect. He's getting better and better at it, from one season to the next. I imagine it's been worked on pretty hard in training.
This lad learns. What will he be when he hits his prime?

Probably already been mentioned, several times, but I'm more and more impressed by his lay-offs. That lay-off to Jack which almost led to a goal took vision (how did he even know where he was?), and the weight of the pass was perfect. He's getting better and better at it, from one season to the next. I imagine it's been worked on pretty hard in training.
This lad learns. What will he be when he hits his prime?
A Manchester City player, I hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.