9 | Erling Haaland - 2024/25

Just want to bring this to everyone's attention from @Kippax Street 1880. The last post in the 23/24 thread for Erling. Could prove to be a perfect final post in that thread.

Just want to bring this to everyone's attention from @Kippax Street 1880. The last post in the 23/24 thread for Erling. Could prove to be a perfect final post in that thread.

That wasn't actually me but I agree with every word of it anyway!

His all round game looks miles better. His movement, pace and power are all back with a bang and his finishes have been superb, but his link up play has looked miles better as well. Saliba is the one to target on Sunday. Solanke was giving him a tough time in the first half and got him booked. Gabriel is the better physical defender, Saliba has the better positional awareness and movement. So you start on Saliba and then look to spring behind Gabriel. Bookmark this when he scores just like that from a De Bruyne assist.

Huge test for him at the weekend up against Saliba and Gabriel. They dominated him in both games last season.
I hope Pep has a plan for it. Last season it was obvious one of them would challenge Haaland and the other CB would win the second ball, hopefully we'll have the players around him if we go that route.

I hope Pep has a plan for it. Last season it was obvious one of them would challenge Haaland and the other CB would win the second ball, hopefully we'll have the players around him if we go that route.

When we played at the Emirates, without Rodri, Pep was trying to figure out a system following the loss to Wolves. Gvardiol, Ake, Dias, Walker was the back 4 with Rico, Kovacic and Bernie in the middle and Alvarez and Foden wide of Haaland. It was narrow and we didn't have much of a threat.

The home game we weren't fully firing either.

This time around we can mix our options up. I'd imagine Pep favours the ball retention of Grealish and Bernie and allows De Bruyne to get up alongside Haaland. We've also got Gundo to find those pockets next to him. Or we can unleash Doku and Savio and look to stretch them. We're in a lot better shape to get at them. They'll play exactly the way they did against Spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.