9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said he wasn't productive in big games?
I think its decided, way too much noise out of particular people for there to be nothing.

Playing well for the last month of the season I dont think would tip City to changing their mind. We are too far down the road of going after Haaland and already bringing in Alvarez in June.

Mahrez is the top scorer this season for starts and stylistically fits what Pep requires more than Jesus.

You found it necessary to say that Watford are Championship level, implying Jesus hasn't performed against better teams. But he has, he's been better against the strongest teams than the other forwards. If anything, Jesus hasn't contributed enough against weaker teams.

I don't think his future is decided. Sterling may leave as well, Mahrez is 31 and if we want to get money for him, this may be the best moment to sell him. Who is going to leave depends on how the season will end. Imo, the club will decide after the season.

Jesus has made me look like the messiah after my comments before the game. In all seriousness, he was brilliant today without any of the goals or assist but add 4 goals and an assist, winning the penalty, laying it on a plate for sterling to miss and a workhorse effort, it was a flawless performance. Would have always been in my starting 11 for Madrid, as he is for every big game regardless of todays game but that surely buries any decisions Pep may be contemplating.

As I said yesterday, it would be a huge mistake for us to allow jesus to leave, there's only foden who in my eyes is higher than Jesus in the indespensible hierarchy of attackers.

You found it necessary to say that Watford are Championship level, implying Jesus hasn't performed against better teams. But he has, he's been better against the strongest teams than the other forwards. If anything, Jesus hasn't contributed enough against weaker teams.

I don't think his future is decided. Sterling may leave as well, Mahrez is 31 and if we want to get money for him, this may be the best moment to sell him. Who is going to leave depends on how the season will end. Imo, the club will decide after the season.
I actually had it typed out to say he's not good against the weaker teams but hes just bagged 4...lol.

I agree that you would probably point out a lot of the crap games e.g. Palace or someone and say Jesus should be doing better but it's not that simple as we know. He's pretty much always thought of as a backup option, will get thrown into games with no momentum or form and sometimes alongside other backup players who don't perform either and then we all pile on when the game goes to shit. Then we get games like you mention against top teams and he really comes into his own.

I think his future is decided and rightly or wrongly we will see a new contract for Mahrez or Sterling before Jesus. I'm sure Pep would like him to stay but as I said I can't knock the lad wanting to move on. We are bringing in two forwards this summer, Palmer and McAtee are growing in stature and he needs to play to get in the world cup. Arsenal doubling his wages and making him their top forward will also go down nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.