9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a blinder today absolutely, great bloody game but let's put this in perspective.. it's almost the end of the season and he scored more goals today than he has scored all season and against the 2nd bottom team. Jesus is solid without being mind blowing.. happy for him to move on as I still feel there must be better around.. it's one game, hopefully he can get even better but I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves yet.. let's see how the rest of the season goes for him
Tbf he also scored a fantastic header at the Bernabeu while we were losing. Then again in the return leg when the tie could have gone either way. Also, yesterday had the potential to become uncomfortable for City if the earlier chances were not taken. He took them very well and made it look simple. The sign of a quality player.

Let's be realistic here..

Even though I have always been (and am) a huge admirer of Gabriel Jesus and couple of years ago had a lot of arguments here with the other users, who weren't as convinced with him as I was (these guys now aren't convinced with Grealish and same drama goes in that topic as well :D) -> City should sell him in the summer and such performances are a great opportunity to get more profit..

1) Jesus is still far from being an end-product (he is not a world-class striker) and therefore City can't play him regularly, only use him as a substitute / squad player..

2) Young talent that's emerging from the club's academy is phenomenal. We have seen Cole Palmer, whose debut matches and everything he did on the pitch, for me was even more convincing than Phil Foden's was, because Cole from the beginning played like a Pro and had more confidence in him as well.. Kayky also has a huge talent and what I have seen so far from the academy games or training videos, City channel shows - he can easily be the next Cole Palmer or Phil Foden.. Young Julian is coming from Agentine and he is also a special young player.. James Mcatee - another great player. Liam Delap and believe it or not - somehow watched one game of U18 team and there is this guy from Scotland with the last name Adam -> I think he can be the next superstar in midfield, rarely I have been so exited about the young academy player.. So all of the above mentioned need time and what's more important in the next 1-2-3 years, because all of them are 18-19-20-21 years old and need TIME, practice, minutes on the pitch.

3) Foden-Haaland-Mahrez trio or Grealish-Haaland-Foden trio (hopefully) will be an adequate attacking option for an elite club such as City is. Because all of them are end-product and have stability -> which Jesus lacks.

4) Raheem Stering during the past 3-4-5 years has been more influential and important for this club than Jesus is. Maybe Raz also lacks stability and his first-touch is still the horrible piece of shit I have ever seen, but his statistics speak for itself and if there is the choice, then definitely we should stick to Raz.

So, with a great pain in the heart and everything, but club should sell him in the summer. Because it's either him or Haaland. He is too god to be a squad player and not too good to be a main striker. That's why Pep (or as it's said by Jesus's will.. :D) moved him and plays as a substitute winger for Mahrez.. But if he continues as a substitute winger, then where is the place for Palmer or Macatee or Kayky, that's what I am talking about...

Fantastic player though and still believe that in Arsenal or Barcelona - he will finally become the world-class striker. Somehow in City shirt he offers the glimpses of brilliance like yesterday, but can't deliver it week and week out.. Unfortunately for him and City and the fans like me..

Let's be realistic here..

Even though I have always been (and am) a huge admirer of Gabriel Jesus and couple of years ago had a lot of arguments here with the other users, who weren't as convinced with him as I was (these guys now aren't convinced with Grealish and same drama goes in that topic as well :D) -> City should sell him in the summer and such performances are a great opportunity to get more profit..

1) Jesus is still far from being an end-product (he is not a world-class striker) and therefore City can't play him regularly, only use him as a substitute / squad player..

2) Young talent that's emerging from the club's academy is phenomenal. We have seen Cole Palmer, whose debut matches and everything he did on the pitch, for me was even more convincing than Phil Foden's was, because Cole from the beginning played like a Pro and had more confidence in him as well.. Kayky also has a huge talent and what I have seen so far from the academy games or training videos, City channel shows - he can easily be the next Cole Palmer or Phil Foden.. Young Julian is coming from Agentine and he is also a special young player.. James Mcatee - another great player. Liam Delap and believe it or not - somehow watched one game of U18 team and there is this guy from Scotland with the last name Adam -> I think he can be the next superstar in midfield, rarely I have been so exited about the young academy player.. So all of the above mentioned need time and what's more important in the next 1-2-3 years, because all of them are 18-19-20-21 years old and need TIME, practice, minutes on the pitch.

3) Foden-Haaland-Mahrez trio or Grealish-Haaland-Foden trio (hopefully) will be an adequate attacking option for an elite club such as City is. Because all of them are end-product and have stability -> which Jesus lacks.

4) Raheem Stering during the past 3-4-5 years has been more influential and important for this club than Jesus is. Maybe Raz also lacks stability and his first-touch is still the horrible piece of shit I have ever seen, but his statistics speak for itself and if there is the choice, then definitely we should stick to Raz.

So, with a great pain in the heart and everything, but club should sell him in the summer. Because it's either him or Haaland. He is too god to be a squad player and not too good to be a main striker. That's why Pep (or as it's said by Jesus's will.. :D) moved him and plays as a substitute winger for Mahrez.. But if he continues as a substitute winger, then where is the place for Palmer or Macatee or Kayky, that's what I am talking about...

Fantastic player though and still believe that in Arsenal or Barcelona - he will finally become the world-class striker. Somehow in City shirt he offers the glimpses of brilliance like yesterday, but can't deliver it week and week out.. Unfortunately for him and City and the fans like me..
1650892728267.png

So I'm sure someone has already posted this but my theory is he's definitely leaving, feels less pressure to perform, bingo he's scoring. Granted it's Watford but if he can keep this up it would be massive for our remaining games.
Not been his biggest fan but tbh I would start him upfront for remaining fixtures . With it being a World Cup year he will be looking to nail down a first team place so he can be picked by Brazil so he will probably move on but if it was either him or sterling it’s get rid of sterling every tine .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.