9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is edging out Sterling for sure, if one has to leave it should be Sterling but I don't know if there are offers for him or if he is too expensive for clubs because of his wages.

I hope he can gain confidence no matter where he plays, the pressure affects his performance, because the talent is clearly and has always been there.

Does feel like both players would player better with a striker too which is a shame (if Sterling go RW permanently) because it seems almost certainly somebody has to leave.

The problem is that :D both Raz and Jesus have contributed a lot this season..

Raz's contribution was vital in December and scored many goals in PL..

Jesus scored winner against Chelsea, against PSG, that assist to Foden at Anfield, goals against Liverpool, Watford and today..

It's also noticeable that - Foden / Mahrez duo are our best wingers and they are contributing a lot in CL since even last season.. And they are more stable, what's more important..

So problem is that Jack, because of that 100m is untouchable and even though GJ / Raz have contributed more than him, one of them or both of them has / have to go..

But what can you do ? Haaland is on his way and decisions need to be made..

Personally, I would stick to these guys: Jesus as main False9, Foded main LW - Mahrez main RW and Sterling constantly rotated with them.. Young Julio competes with Jesus.. Gundo replaces Fern as captain and important squad player and Rodri's substitute, Grealish replaces Gundo and competes with Bernardo and KDB for ACM position.. Plus Palmer and a lot of interesting young players..

On the other hand, difficult times are coming and teams are getting stronger and stronger.. It's difficult from the Club management's perspective - not to sign Haaland and move on..

Well this year's Grealish, but Mahrez can't be dropped - especially when he can deliver those crosses to Haaland, like he did today for KDB and Ruben for couple of times..

At least we agree that Foden-Haaland duo will be undroppable and Jesus has to challenge Mahrez or Grealish for the winger's position..

P.S Fantastic game today.. Made me think -> can Haaland play like that and should we go for him, when we have Jesus ? That turn-around against Militao was phenomenal.. Problem is that, as I understand decision has already been made :D
Jesus doesn't have to challenge Grealish as he has done enough to earn the spot, it's the other way around actually, if anyone needs to fight for his place its Grealish.

6 goals in April so far, two of them vs Liverpool and Real. Brilliant squad player who has stepped up at the business end of the season. Hopefully, his most important goals this season are yet to come.

IIRC, Jesus has scored 94 goals for City so far. At this rate, he may score his 100th goal in the CL final :)

This is what happens time in and time out with Hesus. He gets a constant run of games and we see results. I bet you could pick any month of his City career and if he’s played 6/7 games in the month, he’ll have returned good numbers. First month of the season & April this season have been his most involved periods and he’s likely to pick up player of the month.

Real Madrid and Liverpool look like the best two teams in Europe along with ourselves, he’s caused them all sorts of problems.

I have to admit I wonder what things would look like with him on the right wing and Haaland playing through the middle (with Foden on the left.) That isn't to discount our other forward players, but that could be a devastating lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.