9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
needs to play on the right against madrid to protect cancelo
No, Sterling can do that. Need his hold up play down the middle rather than wasting a midfielder there who’ll struggle to hold the ball up and won’t be as good as Gabby at pressing. We’re the better team let them worry about us. Play our inform striker as a striker(or false 9 if you like that shite term).

You're saying he's great after a few good performances, two of which were against a pair of the worst defences in the PL.

Hes a good lad, and I've always felt that he would benefit from regular games. However, I have never believed that he's actually good enough for City or top level PL football, and I stick by that.

If, or when, Haaland or A N Other arrives next season, Jesus will drop down in the pecking order. No doubt whatsoever. That's why he needs to move on imo.

Arsenal would be OK for him, but Spanish or Italian football would be better for him in the long run.

In the meantime, he's doing well at the moment and definitely earning his corn. Let's hope he does the same for the next five or six games.
He could score 100 goals and you would still want him out but Super Jack on the other hand...

You're saying he's great after a few good performances, two of which were against a pair of the worst defences in the PL.

Hes a good lad, and I've always felt that he would benefit from regular games. However, I have never believed that he's actually good enough for City or top level PL football, and I stick by that.

If, or when, Haaland or A N Other arrives next season, Jesus will drop down in the pecking order. No doubt whatsoever. That's why he needs to move on imo.

Arsenal would be OK for him, but Spanish or Italian football would be better for him in the long run.

In the meantime, he's doing well at the moment and definitely earning his corn. Let's hope he does the same for the next five or six games.

He also roasted the defences of the 2nd & 3rd best sides in the World.

He’s always been a constant goal threat when trusted with game time.

If we do sign a striker, Jesus would still get plenty of game time. He’s a better fit for us than Grealish & Mahrez and more consistent than Sterling. He’s also 5/6 years younger than Mahrez.

He could score 100 goals and you would still want him out but Super Jack on the other hand...
Not true, but you can think what you want - you're entitled to your opinion.

He's got a big heart, but he's just not top class imo, and I've thought since he arrived that he's not actually what City need up front.

As for Jack Grealish, only time will tell. If he makes the necessary improvements, great. If not, he too can be moved on.

However, I'd like to think that he'll get a similar amount of time to that Jesus has had from people like yourself to prove himself.

He also roasted the defences of the 2nd & 3rd best sides in the World.

He’s always been a constant goal threat when trusted with game time.

If we do sign a striker, Jesus would still get plenty of game time. He’s a better fit for us than Grealish & Mahrez and more consistent than Sterling. He’s also 5/6 years younger than Mahrez.
"Roasted".... I don't think so. He's little more than nuisance value against top quality defenders. His workrate is excellent but he rarely, if ever, causes serious problems for defenders or forces mistakes. His performance against Leeds wasn't particularly dynamic, despite them having a depleted defence

He's nowhere near as good or talented as Raheem Sterling or Riyad Mahrez, and he's a completely different player to Jack Grealish.

As for being 'consistent'... I think that view is probably based on the last few weeks rather than the last few seasons.

"Roasted".... I don't think so. He's little more than nuisance value against top quality defenders. His workrate is excellent but he rarely, if ever, causes serious problems for defenders or forces mistakes. His performance against Leeds wasn't particularly dynamic, despite them having a depleted defence

He's nowhere near as good or talented as Raheem Sterling or Riyad Mahrez, and he's a completely different player to Jack Grealish.

As for being 'consistent'... I think that view is probably based on the last few weeks rather than the last few seasons.

He made five key passes yesterday, in addition to scoring. For all Raz's efforts yesterday, he did not have a shot on target or provide a key pass.

Only Sterling has more successful dribbles per 90 minutes this season in the league than Gabby. Raz has slightly more but successful ones but also rather more unsucessful ones.

Riyad has slightly more shots on target but is less accurate that Gabby who is second for on target shots in the league per 90.

Gabby and Riyad are equal on goal invovlements this season with only KDB ahead of them by 1.

I have no wish to see any of Gabby, Riyad or Raz leave but I think at least one will this summer. I would keep Gabby ahead of the other two.

Riyad is the most talented of them and won't be keen to leave but is much older than Gabby, who is more talented than you give him credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.