9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Roasted".... I don't think so. He's little more than nuisance value against top quality defenders. His workrate is excellent but he rarely, if ever, causes serious problems for defenders or forces mistakes. His performance against Leeds wasn't particularly dynamic, despite them having a depleted defence

He's nowhere near as good or talented as Raheem Sterling or Riyad Mahrez, and he's a completely different player to Jack Grealish.

As for being 'consistent'... I think that view is probably based on the last few weeks rather than the last few seasons.

Jack Grealish plays in the front 3 whether you like it or not. Jesus was MOM in that position twice vs Real Madrid in covid season. They very much do compete for a position. And Jesus is now streets ahead.

He’s arguably our most dangerous and consistent goal threat against the elite teams.

Jack Grealish plays in the front 3 whether you like it or not. Jesus was MOM in that position twice vs Real Madrid in covid season. They very much do compete for a position. And Jesus is now streets ahead.

He’s arguably our most dangerous and consistent goal threat against the elite teams.
Also been superb against Liverpool in both league games this season

The thing I like about Gabby is if this is to be his last few games with us he has still put so much effort in and worked his bollocks off. So different to the type of player that doesn't put the effort in if a move is in the offing. Huge credit to him as a professional and for us it's a win win - If Haaland and Alvarez arriving means he wants to leave then his value has gone up, even with only 1 year left on his contract or If he decides to stay great.

I still think he's not as instinctive as a top drawer main striker but have no doubts will do very well wherever he goes.

If we win the league at least this season players like Gabby, Ake, Jack and Zinny will all have played vital roles.

"Roasted".... I don't think so. He's little more than nuisance value against top quality defenders. His workrate is excellent but he rarely, if ever, causes serious problems for defenders or forces mistakes. His performance against Leeds wasn't particularly dynamic, despite them having a depleted defence

He's nowhere near as good or talented as Raheem Sterling or Riyad Mahrez, and he's a completely different player to Jack Grealish.

As for being 'consistent'... I think that view is probably based on the last few weeks rather than the last few seasons.
Wow !!!!!!!!. Just looking at Jesus's City record since arrival. it must be fake or alternative facts to show he is little more than nuisance !!

He made five key passes yesterday, in addition to scoring. For all Raz's efforts yesterday, he did not have a shot on target or provide a key pass.

Only Sterling has more successful dribbles per 90 minutes this season in the league than Gabby. Raz has slightly more but successful ones but also rather more unsucessful ones.

Riyad has slightly more shots on target but is less accurate that Gabby who is second for on target shots in the league per 90.

Gabby and Riyad are equal on goal invovlements this season with only KDB ahead of them by 1.

I have no wish to see any of Gabby, Riyad or Raz leave but I think at least one will this summer. I would keep Gabby ahead of the other two.

Riyad is the most talented of them and won't be keen to leave but is much older than Gabby, who is more talented than you give him credit for.
I respect your opinions but I don’t pay much attention to what stats say. I rely on what I see, and I simply don’t see how anyone can consider Gabriel Jesus to be a top class forward.

Nah. Not in my book mate. It's all about opinions.

Wow !!!!!!!!. Just looking at Jesus's City record since arrival. it must be fake or alternative facts to show he is little more than nuisance !!
If I was still playing, I'd be looking forward to playing against him. He's a willing runner, grafts and scores opportunist goals. He's not actually dominated a centre back or full back since the day he arrived.

He's on a purple streak at the moment. Long may it continue, but don't kid yourself about his future at City...he's definitely in the shop window.

Goal involvements per minutes this season (PL + CL):

Jesus - goal/assist every 91 minutes

Mahrez - goal/assist every 93 minutes

KDB - goal/assist every 114 minutes

Foden - goal/assist every 134 minutes

Sterling - goal/assist every 137 minutes

If we count only the biggest games (i.e., against the strongest teams in the PL and the CL: Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG, Atlético and Real), Jesus is our most productive player ahead of KDB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.