Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal involvements per minutes this season (PL + CL):

Jesus - goal/assist every 91 minutes

Mahrez - goal/assist every 93 minutes

KDB - goal/assist every 114 minutes

Foden - goal/assist every 134 minutes

Sterling - goal/assist every 137 minutes

If we count only the biggest games (Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG, Atletico and Real), Jesus is our most productive player per 90 minutes ahead of KDB.
I like Jesus but your statement is somewhat misleading. How can he be the most productive player in the team when he doesn't score a goal in the PL from Sept. 25, 2021 to April 10, 2022? It's almost a season-worth of game time.

I like Jesus but your statement is somewhat misleading. How can he be the most productive player in the team when he doesn't score a goal in the PL from Sept. 25, 2021 to April 10, 2022?

I'm talking about the biggest games, he's our most productive player in the biggest games (Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG, Atlético, Real) with 6 goals/assists so far, followed by KDB with 5, Bernardo 4, Foden 3, Mahrez 2.

I'm talking about the biggest games, he's our most productive player in the biggest games (Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG, Atlético, Real) with 6 goals/assists so far, followed by KDB with 5, Bernardo 4, Foden 3, Mahrez 2.
OK. Although, I would characterize Tottenham, Arsenal and especially Man United (for the fans) as big games too.

No, Sterling can do that. Need his hold up play down the middle rather than wasting a midfielder there who’ll struggle to hold the ball up and won’t be as good as Gabby at pressing. We’re the better team let them worry about us. Play our inform striker as a striker(or false 9 if you like that shite term).
Either on the right is fine just not mahrez more of a chance of jesus playing on the right in a big game than sterling tbh but id like sterling on the right foden on the left and jesus in the middle but i dont think pep will go with this.

OK. Although, I would characterize Tottenham, Arsenal and especially Man United (for the fans) as big games too.

Normally, yes, but they are not at the level of the mentioned teams.

United have been shit this season. The undisputed top teams in England are City, Liverpool and Chelsea. And the biggest games in the CL so far have been vs PSG, Atlético and Real.

Normally, yes, but they are not at the level of the mentioned teams.

United have been shit this season. The undisputed top teams in England are City, Liverpool and Chelsea. And the biggest games in the CL so far have been vs PSG, Atlético and Real.
Totteham beat City in both legs and the home leg vs MU and the away leg vs Arsenal were epic (Remember Rodri's goal and celebration? haha)

Totteham beat City in both legs and the home leg vs MU and the away leg vs Arsenal were epic (Remember Rodri's goal and celebration? haha)

We should include Palace and Southampton, then, because we couldn't beat them? Come on :)

Brilliant squad player. Never, to my knowledge, outwardly complains, and works his docks off when on the field.

Not the most prolific “striker” in the world, but he is coming through, fresh as a daisy, in this late season run-in.

Far more natural finisher than Sterling, although they both often struggle from “let me have another touch” syndrome!

His biggest issue is that he is foreign and that takes a squad slot that the club may want to be filled by Alvarez or Haaland next season.

Other than that, it’s a no-brainer to resign him to a new deal with the wages he currently commands, which are far less than others who may not be performing as well.

You could have just included the so-called BIg Six to avoid being seen as selective. Come on :)

It's all fun chat. Goog day.

I use a narrow definition of 'big games': games against the very best teams, in England (PL) and Europe (CL). There's nothing selective (subjective) about it, for the mentioned teams have been the strongest in England and the CL (from our games in the CL so far). You may want to include also Leipzig (who may well win the EL) and Sporting. Thanks, but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.