9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performances - disappointing. Not good enough.

In our closing matches he started often - and the ball reached him. And time and again and again and again - he almost scored - but did not.

Now we have Haaland. A great many of those "almost" goals will turn into actual goals.
===
Jesus isn't a striker - and indeed he doesn't claim to be one. I liked him out left on the wing much more as striker - but I prefer Mahrez or Sterling there.

Jesus is a talented player - but we have better or much better where ever he starts.
Pep selected him for the crunch games, he is the only one that counts, he decided he was good enough. Let's not set up Haaland as the next victim of the moaners. We hope he will score more goals, it may be probable but is never guaranteed.

Gabby's goal against the Saints for 100 points may be his best moment but this season he came of age as a top player.

Interest in him is well justified. He will still fit in with City but changes are being made.

Gabby is a talented player. But just not good enough - IMO - to start regularly for City. And hence the transfer.

As striker/false-9, I always dreaded seeing his name on the starting 11. This isn't his best position, though, and even he admits as much.

I liked him as a right winger in our current season - at least sometimes. He had some very good performances in this position. Better than Mahrez though? Maybe not.

At any rate, Gabby has been a model club player and - if not great - has been OK mostly. I wish him well - but at the same time, I think incoming players will offer an upgrade - and at the number 9 - a huge upgrade - in his starting positions.

Madrid looking to buy him!

Didn’t they pay 130m for Hazard with only 12 months left?!

Jesus is younger skilful and works way harder than Hazard ever did so we should be looking at 75m form Madrid.

Jesus is younger skilful and works way harder than Hazard ever did so we should be looking at 75m form Madrid.
Upfront alongside Vinicus....wow.

He should jump at the chance,and yes we should be looking at top dollar.

The perfect move for him. He's unlikely to have much chance to play regularly at City next season, so it's only fair that the club let him go for a reasonable fee. IMO £45m would be good business for both clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.