9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perfect move for him. He's unlikely to have much chance to play regularly at City next season, so it's only fair that the club let him go for a reasonable fee. IMO £45m would be good business for both clubs.
I think, given his profile, age, and attributes — especially when applied to what he could bring to Real Madrid — anything less than £70m would be poor business by us and a steal for them.

They just paid £85 million for Tchouaméni, who is a midfielder, all potential, and only 3 years younger than Gabby.

I think, given his profile, age, and attributes — especially when applied to what he could bring to Real Madrid — anything less than £70m would be poor business by us and a steal for them.

They just paid £85 million for Tchouaméni, who is a midfielder, all potential, and only 3 years younger than Gabby.
I can't see anyone paying that sort of money for Jesus, or Sterling for that matter.

We don't do hard deals when selling. If a player wants away, or isn't seen as essential any more, City have history of selling at a reasonable fee.

£45m is good money for either imo.

Gabby only has 1 year left on his contract, Tchouameni has many years left, that makes a huge difference in what a club will offer.

If Jesus had 3 years left on his contract then maybe we'd be asking for 70-100m, but that makes no sense with 1 year.

Gabby only has 1 year left on his contract, Tchouameni has many years left, that makes a huge difference in what a club will offer.

If Jesus had 3 years left on his contract then maybe we'd be asking for 70-100m, but that makes no sense with 1 year.
That very much depends on whether Gabby is actually set on leaving and will not sign an extension if he is not sold.

Tchouameni had two years left on his contract.

And between original transfer fee, wages, transfer value inflation, and currency inflation, £45 million would be near breakeven (if not a loss).

That very much depends on whether Gabby is actually set on leaving and will not sign an extension if he is not sold.

Tchouameni had two years left on his contract.

And between original transfer fee, wages, transfer value inflation, and currency inflation, £45 million would be near breakeven (if not a loss).
I mean most reports are that he wants to leave which is the entire point of this thread.

2 years on a contract vs 1 year is still a completely different level of what you can ask to pay.

Your last paragraph doesn't make sense. Nobody looks at the wages they paid for a player over the years of service and adds that on to their original transfer fee when finding a price.

Getting 50m for 1 year left is a fair deal for Gabby.

Tchouameni is seen as one of the highest potential defensive midfielders in the world. Gabby while having done well for City is not considered at that level in his position.

I mean most reports are that he wants to leave which is the entire point of this thread.

2 years on a contract vs 1 year is still a completely different level of what you can ask to pay.

Your last paragraph doesn't make sense. Nobody looks at the wages they paid for a player over the years of service and adds that on to their original transfer fee when finding a price.

Getting 50m for 1 year left is a fair deal for Gabby.

Tchouameni is seen as one of the highest potential defensive midfielders in the world. Gabby while having done well for City is not considered at that level in his position.
This is the 2021/2022 Performances thread.

It’s not that great a difference if the player is not demanding a transfer (i.e. no hope of signing a new contract).

I can assure you that those that manage the finances of the club do take in to account the full investment (among many other factors) when determining fair value of a player. But, even leaving out wages, if you just take the original transfer fee paid adjusted for inflation, £45 million (the original quoted amount I was responding to) would only be a bit more than we paid for an all potential forward that had never played in a top five league in the world, much less a full Brazil international who has won four titles in arguably the best league in the world, with a stellar goal contribution-to-minutes ratio across comps, who has is probably not even in his prime yet.

And that’s before you even adjust for transfer value inflation since we bought him (i.e. you simply would not be able to buy an equivalent player to Gabby now for £45 million).

Maybe we do end up selling him for around that amount, but I still maintain that is undervalue, especially in the case of selling to a European rival, and would be excellent business for whichever club is buying and poor business on our part.

This is the 2021/2022 Performances thread.

It’s not that great a difference if the player is not demanding a transfer (i.e. no hope of signing a new contract).

I can assure you that those that manage the finances of the club do take in to account the full investment (among many other factors) when determining fair value of a player. But, even leaving out wages, if you just take the original transfer fee paid adjusted for inflation, £45 million (the original quoted amount I was responding to) would only be a bit more than we paid for an all potential forward that had never played in a top five league in the world, much less a full Brazil international who has won four titles in arguably the best league in the world, with a stellar goal contribution-to-minutes ratio across comps, who has is probably not even in his prime yet.

And that’s before you even adjust for transfer value inflation since we bought him (i.e. you simply would not be able to buy an equivalent player to Gabby now for £45 million).

Maybe we do end up selling him for around that amount, but I still maintain that is undervalue, especially in the case of selling to a European rival, and would be excellent business for whichever club is buying and poor business on our part.
Ah yes the Jesus transfer thread and this thread have basically the same conversation so I mixed them up.

Inflation just doesnt matter when determining market value, the market value is whatever the market decides. How many players on 1 year contracts go for more than 50m, not many I'd wager.

Gonna have to agree to disagree then. 50m for 1 year left is pretty fair value imo.

I can't see anyone paying that sort of money for Jesus, or Sterling for that matter.

We don't do hard deals when selling. If a player wants away, or isn't seen as essential any more, City have history of selling at a reasonable fee.

£45m is good money for either imo.
Not a chance we will get anywhere near 70m, in fact a third of that would be good business with only a year on his contract.

He is in no rush and HE holds all the cards, I can see him sitting out his final year and leaving on a free and making a bag full of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.