9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn’t peps call. Jesus didn’t want to be a striker. Tells me all I need to know about Jesus. He hasn’t got the mental strength to be a world class player
He’s simply not a striker. He’s always played as a wide forward for Brazil, and did a lot for Palmeiras, all of his attributes as a player suit that role.

He’s our only forward who’s played well this week.

That wasn’t peps call. Jesus didn’t want to be a striker. Tells me all I need to know about Jesus. He hasn’t got the mental strength to be a world class player
Utter shite.

The kid would play in goal if you Pep him to,and he would give his very best as he does every time he steps on the pitch.

He isn't a natural striker,he never was.....as the post above states,his best position was always as a wider player.

He’s simply not a striker. He’s always played as a wide forward for Brazil, and did a lot for Palmeiras, all of his attributes as a player suit that role.

Doing some digging this morning I’m happy to admit I was wrong on Jesus. For some reason I wrongly assumed he was always a striker and had been moved out wide for Brazil as he couldn’t hack being a striker. But it appears you are correct and he was a wide player before becoming a striker.

he might not prefer the striker role anymore but he scored above 10 goals in PL 2x in last 4 years and he was not even always first choice.
now he moved out to the right but this again will lower our total tally because there isnt anyone to score the goals centrally. we can put Foden or Sterling there or Torres but they wont repay this with scoring 25 goals a league season will they, they are not built for that.
and I prefer Foden from the left, as I think he is better there than Grealish or an out of form Sterling.

we have less goals due to Gundogan not a chance will score again 12+ in PL, we lose a lot of goals too due to Sterling being replaced on left with Grealish (who is lot less productive) and because of Sterlings own issues, and with Jesus pushed to the wide he will have lot less scoring opportunity= lot less goals.
also less goals from Mahrez due to simply less game time from the right side due to Jesus paying there more.
cannot see Bernardo/KDB adding more goals than they usually do while some odd goals from Rodri and defence will not change much overall.

goals will dry up and we are currently masking it only by overscoring vs some dross teams like Arsenal, Norwich early on.
but zero goals scored vs Spurs, Palace, Soton all of these are losing by goals vs our rivals usually.

bit worried about the derby coming up as they will be clinical most likely despite the disarray they are in with Ole, while we will fluff chances like we did vs Pool/Chelsea/PSG/Spurs.

Doing some digging this morning I’m happy to admit I was wrong on Jesus. For some reason I wrongly assumed he was always a striker and had been moved out wide for Brazil as he couldn’t hack being a striker. But it appears you are correct and he was a wide player before becoming a striker.
Well done for holding your hands up and admitting something most City fans have known throughout the summer, but I want to know; has he got the mental strength to become a world class player ?

he might not prefer the striker role anymore but he scored above 10 goals in PL 2x in last 4 years and he was not even always first choice.
now he moved out to the right but this again will lower our total tally because there isnt anyone to score the goals centrally. we can put Foden or Sterling there or Torres but they wont repay this with scoring 25 goals a league season will they, they are not built for that.
and I prefer Foden from the left, as I think he is better there than Grealish or an out of form Sterling.

we have less goals due to Gundogan not a chance will score again 12+ in PL, we lose a lot of goals too due to Sterling being replaced on left with Grealish (who is lot less productive) and because of Sterlings own issues, and with Jesus pushed to the wide he will have lot less scoring opportunity= lot less goals.
also less goals from Mahrez due to simply less game time from the right side due to Jesus paying there more.
cannot see Bernardo/KDB adding more goals than they usually do while some odd goals from Rodri and defence will not change much overall.

goals will dry up and we are currently masking it only by overscoring vs some dross teams like Arsenal, Norwich early on.
but zero goals scored vs Spurs, Palace, Soton all of these are losing by goals vs our rivals usually.

bit worried about the derby coming up as they will be clinical most likely despite the disarray they are in with Ole, while we will fluff chances like we did vs Pool/Chelsea/PSG/Spurs.
Totally agree and we have a couple of others who can do a decent job on the right. For me Jesus is still the best we have to lead the line, graft, occupy centre halves and hold the ball up. Especially when at the moment we’re sacrificing our best player up there.

Not disputing that Jesus has been in decent form out wide but we’re losing more as a team than we’re gaining with him there at the moment.

Well done for holding your hands up and admitting something most City fans have known throughout the summer, but I want to know; has he got the mental strength to become a world class player ?
Nice condescending tone. Apologies I don’t have an encloypedic knowledge of all the players previous playing positions. Should really know better and concentrate more of my time and effort to this rather than my business and my family. Have you got any links where I can perhaps watch some Palmeiras games from 2015/16 season?

To answer your question I don’t believe Jesus will ever be world class no. From the amount of opportunities he misses i would still argue he doesn’t have an elite mentality. That’s not to say he isn’t a very good player mind.

He does have the freedom in that RW position to play centrally.

I've noticed that Pep will give Jesus that freedom more than his LW partner, so his "striker"-like qualities can also not be wasted.

In our 442 press, usually Jesus joins the false 9, with Bernie going a bit wider in defending to accomodate.

The season before he joined us he played 21 games at striker and 6 on the wing.

So it's true to say he played as a winger in Brazil.

It's categorically untrue to say he always played as a wide forward or winger.

It was playing striker that he shot to prominence and got our attention, which is why he talked about learning from Aguero and being a striker, it's why he took the number 9, it's why Tite and Pep both used him exclusively as a striker until 18 months ago when his form at that position dropped so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.